Losses

Donavan watched on in awe as the twins kicked in Spencer's stomach, he couldn't help but feel a sense of pride at the fact that the love of his life was bearing his children. The love of his life whom he put in the hospital.

Everyone had left a few minutes after Kaden did. Although Conrad and Chris were a bit reluctant about leaving Donavan alone with a pregnant Spencer but after a few convincing words from their mates, they finally relented but not before offering him a death threat if any damage came to their angel.

I'm a way, Donavan could understand where they were coming from. He understood why they wouldn't trust him around Spencer hit he felt that they should've also understood that he wasn't at his right mind when the incident had happened.

Spencer was his mate, intentionally hurting Spencer was like ion intentionally hurting himself. He couldn't and would never do it.

He looked at his beautiful mate. Even as she lay lifeless, she was still the most beautiful woman he had ever come across.

He couldn't help bit lean in and softly peck her lips, basking at the feel of the softness of her plump supple lips whisk he had missed.

He knew if she ever came back, things wouldn't be the same as they used to be bit he didn't care, he just wanted her back and in his arms.

"Baby, if you can hear me, I just want to tell you I'm sorry. Sorry for the pain I've caused you, betrayals, neglecting you, I'm sorry. I need you Brooke, without you my life is incomplete. You are the sole reason for my existence baby. We've hit two beautiful boys growing inside you and you might never get to leet them. I can't raise them on my own Brooke, I wouldn't know the first thing about being a dad. If you're not here, I wouldn't be a good father to them, they will always stand as a constant reminder of you and the fact that I'm the reason you're gone which will only result in me emotionally disconnecting from them and pushing them away. I don't want to believe you're gone baby, I refuse to believe you're gone. Please Spencer. Open your eyes got me baby, c'mon baby." He pleaded, not bothering about the steady stream of tears running down his cheeks.

"Please don't leave me to face this by myself baby, please. I just need you to open your eyes and tell me everything is going to be okay." He sobbed.

"Remember when we first met?" He asked softly, grabbing her hand and absently tracing a pattern on her palm.

"I remember how mesmerized you had me the second you walked through the door. I wanted do badly to take you right then and there. You looked breathtaking. From that moment on, you had consumed every aspect of me, I knew you were meant to be mine from the moment I looked into your eyes. When you had said my name, a fiery part of me came alive, a fire you alone have the power to ignite. I wish you could physically be in my being to see how much you mean to me because I can't find the perfect words to explain myself. You are my lifeline Spencer Brooklyn King. If I lose you, my life had no meaning. Remember that song I played for you? Never stop. I'll play it for you tomorrow. I will never stop loving you Brooke. Please come back to me baby, I need you, we need you. The boys and I need you." He finished, placing a hand on her stomach and smiling proudly through his tears as he felt his sons kick.

------------------------------------------
"It's too soon, it's too soon." Kaden's wolf repeated for the thousandth time since Blake had passed out.

"What are you talking about?" Kaden asked.

"I can't tell you, she has to be the one to but I can promise you right now you're not going to like it." His wolf replied sadly. "We both won't like it." He added.

"So she's okay? She's going to be okay?" Kaden asked his wolf hastily, tucking a stray hair behind her ear.

She looked so lifeless and pale. When she had slumped into his arms, he had panicked, consulting his wolf to try to get him to connect to her.

He felt helpless, whenever things seemed tough or he was going through something hard, Spencer was always the first person he called. Now, he needed her and she was laid up in a hospital pretty much dead.

He already felt like he'd lost one of the most important people in his life and the only reason Spencer's situation hadn't sunk in yet was because he had Blake to relieve the pain.

If he lost Blake too, he didn't know what he'd do. He'd probably go insane and Donavan would be the first one on his kill list.

"Baby please wake up, please. I can't lose you too, please." He begged, sobbing into her neck.

Blake was conscious, she could hear everything going on around her but she couldn't wake up yet. She still had to do one thing before she opened her eyes.

"Grammy." She whispered when she finally saw who she was waiting for.

"Hi sweetheart." Her grandmother greeted her smiling sadly.

"It's happening isn't it?" Blake asked with a haunted look on her face.

Again, her grandmother sent her that same sad smile, confirming her suspicions.

"I told you not to use your powers unless necessary. I've watched you form a bond with that girl, so your actions are justified but you can't use your full power all the time Blake, you know what will happen and I don't think your mate can bear another loss." She scolded.

Blake looked away in shame. She didn't like thinking about the consequences of using her powers. She had spent almost nine years being told what would happen.

"Why haven't you crossed over yet?" Blake asked her, changing the topic. "I know for sure you don't have any unfinished business with the living so what is it?" She added.

"Oh, but I do." Her grandma replied.

"Excuse me?" Blake asked, surprised.

"I have unfinished business with you, which will be finished soon. I'm waiting for you Blake, the time is coming." She replied before fading away.

With that revelation, Blake jerked up in freight, panting uncontrollably.

"Baby! Baby!!" She heard her mates voice calling bit she was too far gone.

Her grandmothers last words still haunted her.

"What's wrong baby, are you okay?" Kaden asked, alarmed.

When she took his worried expression and the sorrow on his voice, she finally snapped out of it.

"Kaden?" She whispered.

"Yes, baby I'm right here. I'm right here." He replied pulling her into a comforting hug.

"I'm so sorry babe, I'm so sorry." She repeated over and over.

"Sorry for what? You have nothing to be sorry about baby, nothing at all." He consoled her, running his thumbs back and forth over her cheeks before briefly kissing her lips.

"I have everything to be sorry for Kaden, everything." She replied, pulling away from him.

Kaden frowned, wondering what she could possibly be sorry about.

It was then he remembered his wolfs words "...I can promise you right now you're not going to like it."

"Baby what's going on?" He asked her before she could step into the bathroom.

"It's nothing you should worry yourself about sweety." She answered, sending him a forced smile.

"Blake." He said warningly.

"She knew if he kept asking, she would give in and tell him her secret so she hurriedly dashed to the bathroom, slamming the door shut behind her and locking it.

After her shower, she walked out of the bathroom only to find Kaden sitting at the foot of the bed, intently watching her.

She begun squirming uncomfortably under his gaze.

"Sit." He ordered.

"Kaden.." She begun to protest but he put a hand up, silencing her.

"Sit Blake, now." He ordered again, leaving no room for arguments.

"Talk." He ordered again.

Blake smiled sadly at him, shaking her head no.

"My patience is wearing thin Blake. It seems my wolf already knows your secret but he insists on you being the one to tell me. Now, I'm going to say this once and only once. Whatever it is you're keeping from me, you will tell me fight now and you have less than 2 minutes to begin speaking." He growled angrily, staring her.

She was quiet for a few seconds before speaking up.

"You're not going to like it." She said in a low tone.

"So I've been told but I've prepared myself physically and emotionally for whatever it is you have to tell me." He replied, squaring up his shoulders.

"Not for this Kaden, not for this." She said sadly, shaking her head.

They got quiet, neither one of them saying anything for a while before Blake broke the silence.

"I have a sole reason for existence." She started out, causing Kaden to look up at her. "Using my powers for reasons that weren't destined for me to use it weakens me. The more off course I away from my destiny, the shorter my lifespan becomes. I was never supposed to meet my mate, the council didn't plan this out. I'm supposed to meet you in my next lifetime, not this but obviously, fate had other plans.The reason I haven't been around you when Donavan is there is because when he sees me, he will immediately acknowledge me as the high priestess. My purpose in life, the reason I was sent to the world was to break the spell casted on Donavan's mother. Once I break the spell, my time on earth is up." She explained.

Kaden stared on at her in shock., a mixture of emotions flowing through him. Anger was the most prominent one.

Both he and his wolf were livid so what happened next wasn't surprising to Blake.

Kaden shifted into his midnight black wolf and lunged out of his balcony, gracefully landing on the ground and bounding his way into the forest.

After a few moments, a loud sorrowful howl was heard from the distance, causing Blake to crumble down to the floor in tears.

A/N
Yes, I know. I took forever but I hope this makes up for it.