Grendel?...wait..Spencer?

Spencer's POV

Before I could fully change and attack Grendel, Donavan had me by the neck, slamming me on the hard concrete driveway.

"Grendel, I thought I told you to stay away from my mate." He growled loudly at me.

Ava whimpered in pain, not physical pain but the emotional pain of having her mate pick someone else over her.

For a few seconds, we stared into each other's eyes, Donavan's angry look turned into a confused one and immediately, I knew why.

The tingles that flowed through my body the minute our bodies made contact was undeniable. Since we had been apart for so long, they were a lot stronger.

I could see the panic in Grendel's eyes when he had touched me, she looked like a deer caught in headlights.

Donavan leaned in, sniffing me. His eyes widened when he took in my scent. He leaned in again to sniff me, nuzzling my neck and I heard his wolf purr in delight.

When he pulled away from me, he turned towards Grendel. She looked terrified.

He looked back over towards me and it was clear what his emotions were. He looked confused and torn. His wolf, who already recognized me and knew who I was, was fighting to take over and claim me as his but his human side still saw me as the evil conniving bitch Grendel.

"Baby?" Grendel called him.

He cocked his head to the side, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Through all this, his hold on my neck never loosened. So, while he was busy sniffing me and watching Grendel, I was struggling to breathe.

I couldn't hold on anymore, my eyes were becoming droopy. I managed to get one last glance at Donavan before my eyes closed shut. Everything stopped.

Donavan's POV

Her eyes, something about her eyes looked familiar but I couldn't quite place it.

Erick was growling at me, telling me to let her go but I couldn't. The human side of me was still a little iffy about her.

She whimpered in pain and I felt like my heart was breaking. This was Grendel for crying out loud, why does she have this effect on me. I already lost Spencer over her once and I had no intentions on losing her again.

I looked at her, analyzing her. I was feeling confused. The tingles flowing through my body the minute I made contact with her was euphoric and I couldn't understand why I would be feeling that with her and not my mate.

When I leaned in to sniff her, her scent immediately registered. She smelt like Spencer.

I could hear Spencer behind me, pleading with me to leave her alone so that we could go back inside but I was too entranced by Grendel to pay any attention to her.

"Baby?" Spencer called out to me.

I turned around to face her but my wolf kept urging me to look away and I eventually did.

'Let her go Donavan.' Erick growled at me.

I didn't understand what he meant until I heard a loud growl from my right. My head immediately snapped in the direction of the the noise and there stood Conrad and Chris, trying to hold back a fuming Kaden.

"What did you do to her?" Kaden growled.

I was confused, why does he care about what I do to Grendel? For crying out loud, she was the enemy.

Conrad, who looked like he was on the verge of shifting himself was glaring murderously at me.

"Son, I'm asking you nicely right now to let go of my daughter." He snarled, still trying to hold back a fuming Kaden.