Who's who?

Donavan's POV

I honestly don't know what made me order Spencer not to harm Grendel, it was like I'd been hating her for months and all of a sudden, like a switch I didn't want anyone harming her.

I knew Spencer would get Kaden, Conrad and Chris to do her dirty work, so I made sure to intercept their attack and saved Grendel from them.

The look on Spencer's face when I had done that haunted me for three days. She looked pained, hurt and troubled. I knew I had lost her trust the second I wrapped my arms around Grendel, picking her up and running away from them.

After saving Grendel, I let her go but only if she promised not to come back and cause any trouble with Spencer and I. It took a lot of convincing and threatening, in the end, she agreed and fled.

I knew it would take a lot for Spencer to forgive me, it seemed like all I ever did was cause her trouble and heartache.

To my astonishment, Spencer took me back after little to no begging at all, I was surprised at how easy it was that she took me back because it's not like her to forgive like that, after all, I had just saved someone who had a hand in the killing of our babies.

It was kind of surprising how quick she got over the loss of the babies too, before the whole Grendel incident, she didn't want to talk about it but after that, she was acting like her normal self again, whenever I asked her how she felt about the babies, she would shrug and say "they're dead, leave them with the dead."

I decided to let it go and never brought it up again. I never really saw Grendel after she left, I saw her once in a restaurant having lunch with Kaden, which was weird because Kaden was Spencer's best friend and I was sure he hated Grendel's guts.

I was going to approach them and ask what was going on but Spencer pulled me away from them with a panicked look on her face before I could and it didn't seem like she had seen them so I decide not to bring it up.

Something about her has been off for a while now, she acts differently, childlike. She acts kind of like a dunce, like she doesn't know what's going on around her. I just assumed it was her way of coping with the miscarriage and didn't think more of it.

Whenever I try to make love, she shuts down, moving away from me. Yea, we get into heated make out sessions but she never lets it go all the way, which was unlike Spencer because I had turned her into a nympho.

She just wasn't the same Spencer I knew, she was different, very different. I had to force myself to want to be close to her because even my wolf would snap and growl whenever she was close to me.

He knew what was wrong, but he never told me. I would ask over and over again but he would only tell me "it's for you to figure out." Then he'd shut me out.

Something was up and Erick knew what it was but he wasn't spilling any details only a bunch of confusing riddles.

Spencer's POV

It's been two weeks. Two weeks since the last time I saw Donavan and to say I'm heartbroken would be an understatement. I still remember it like it was yesterday.

Kaden had taken me out to dinner to help me get my mind off him but obviously, fate had its own plans because literally five seconds after we ha been seated, in walked Donavan with the devil herself on his arm.

When he spotted me, he had a blank look on his face, like he didn't even know who I was. He looked confused when he saw me, like he was trying to remember me. He Ned a move t approach me and my heart skipped a beat but before he could make it over to our booth, Grendel tugged his arm and pulled him away but not before sending a smug smile my way.

That was the last time I had seen him. I feel him near sometimes, he camps outside key window at night in his wolf form but he's always gone in the morning.

According to Ava, the human part of Donavan wants Grendel " but the wolf part wants me and that's why every night, Erick takes over and camps outside my window, howling in sorrow at the loss of his mate.

I decided to cut my losses, you can't make a man want you, so if he wants to go, I will let him go. As much as I love that man, if Grendel is where his heart is, I won't interfere.

I decided to leave him alone hit I couldn't just end everything without saying goodbye. I grabbed my car keys, got in my car and drove over to his house. After giving myself a little pep talk and boosting up my confidence, I rung the doorbell and waited for a response but it none. After a few minutes of endless knockings and bell ringings, I decided to leave.

Immediately I steppe off the veranda, I heard the door swing open and instead of Donavan, I saw Grendel, clad in only Donavan's oversized button down T-shirt, standing at the door and glaring at me.

"What do you want mutt?" She asked rudely, emphasizing the word mutt.

"Is Donavan home?" I asked trying to rein in my anger at her rudeness. There was nothing I hated more than people who were unnecessarily rude.

"Duh! We were obviously in the middle of a heated love making session when you decided to show your unwanted face." She snarled.

"I need to speak to him." I said again, ignoring her attitude.

"Like I said mutt, we were in the middle of a heated love making..." She began to say.

"Give us a minute." Donavan spoke from behind her, cutting off her rude remark.

"Only a minute." She said pouting at him "I'll be waiting, so we can continue where we left off." She said loudly, obviously so that I could hear her.

I couldn't do anything but shake my head at her childishness. Before she went back into the house, she forcefully grabbed him, kissed him then turned towards me and sent me that smug smile again, like she knew something I didn't

"Hi." I said finally speaking to Donavan now that we were alone.

"Hi, how Can I help you?" He asked looking at me like he couldn't stand me.

"Uhmm.. I just wanted to see you for a final time, if you're happy with her, then I'm happy for you, I'll let you go Donavan, at the end of the day, I value out happiness over mine." I said looking directly at him.

It took everything in my power not to go up to him and devour him.

"I love you Donavan but u just don't understand how you could he with the woman that had a hand in trying to separate us, she was involved with your mother Donavan, our babies, remember our babies? How could you just throw everything we've been through out the window to be with Grendel?" I yelled finally speaking my mind.

"What are you talking about Grendel?" He asked me. "You're lucky I don't rip your throat out, I stopped Spencer and her family from coming to kill you and you have the guts to show your face here and accuse Spencer of the things you did?" He yelled right back at me.

Did he just call me Grendel? What the hell is going on?

"Donavan, who am I?" I asked cautiously approaching him.

"Don't play games with me Grendel, you can't come here and interrupt mine and Spencer's time, after everything you've done to her, you're lucky she didn't kill you on the spot." He spat.

"Donavan, it's me Spencer, the person inside, the person you were with when I got her was Grendel not me, I'm Spencer!" I yelled.

It was obvious he didn't believe me, because he shook his head in disbelief looking at me like he was disgusted with me.

"This is low, even or you Grendel. I just started helping Spencer get over the loss of the babies and you show your face in my house knowing it would bring up memories we're trying to forget?" He said still shaking his head in disappointment.

"Is this some sort of joke Baby? C'mon Donavan it's me Spencer." I pleaded.

"Leave Grendel, next time I won't be lenient. If you show up here again, I won't hold Spencer back when she tries to attack you." He warned me.

I was about to reply him when the door opened up and out stepped Grendel, with that same smug smile again.

"C'mon baby, don't let her rile you up. Let's go back inside." She told him, tugging on his arm.

He turned around and followed her inside without a backwards glance at me. I was in shock, he called me Grendel, he freaking called me Grendel.

I was walking back to my car when I felt a presence begin me an I turned around to he greeted by Grendel again.

"Spencer Spencer Spencer.." She called circling me.

"Don't test me Grendel, now is not he time." I said through clenched teeth.

"Did you know, when you have a mother who's a witch, when she dies her powers gets transferred to her first daughter?" She asked with a sinister smile.

"Okay? Your point is?" I asked impatiently.

She let out a horrifying laugh before saying "Lydia, Lydia was my mother."

I actually wasn't surprised, I don't know why, but when it comes to stuff like this it doesn't surprise me anymore.

"How did you feel when Donavan called you my name? How does it feel to have your mate not recognize you?" She asked me still circling me.

I tilted my head to the side, analyzing her and not saying a word. Se leaned in to whisper something in my ear.

"Let me let you in on a little secret child, when Donavan looks at me, he sees your face and when he looks at you, he sees mine." She whispered before cackling like an idiot again.

I was frozen, that was why he had called me by her name, that's why he had been avoiding me, that was why he looked at me with so much hatred, he thought I was Grendel.

"Ahh.. It's amazing what you can do when you have powers isn't it?" She asked smiling.

Ava was surfacing and I had no intentions of stopping her,

"By the way, how did it feel when you lost those bastard babies?" She whispered.

That was my breaking point, I snapped and Ava took over, shifting and lunging directly for her throat.

A/N
I've been sick guys so updates have been slow.

Vote, comment all thy good stuff.