Problems

Spencer's POV

"I see you finally shifted." I said to him with raised eyebrows.

"So you knew all along." It was more of a statement than a question.

I shrugged my shoulders and slumped down on the couch.

"Just to put it out there, I still want to kill your mother and if I ever lay eyes on her again, she's dead. I don't give two fucks what you have to say about it." I said, the mere thought of that evil bitch pissed me off.

He smiled at me before stalking towards me.

"I handled it for you." he murmured, leaning in to kiss me.

"What do you mean handled it?" I asked curiously.

"I killed the bitch. She confessed to hurting you and killing my babies so I killed her." he growled.

He looked like he was reliving the moment because his eyes began flickering showing he was getting angry.

"You killed your mother?" I whispered in shock.

"She's not really my mother, she's Lydia." he replied "it's a long story." he added when he saw the confused look on my face.

"Tell me about it, I want to know." I said scooting over on the couch to create some space for him.

He laid on his back, with his head on my lap and let out a frustrated sigh.

"How are you?" he asked me with a look of concern.

I knew what he was talking about but I wasn't ready to discuss that yet.

"Fine." I said hurriedly, trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall.

"You can talk to me Brooke, they were our babies, I lost them too. What you feel, I feel. Trust me with your feelings." he whispered looking directly into my eyes.

I knew he was worried about me but honestly, I'm not the type of person to express my feelings, I don't know how to express them. I either let it out through anger or I bottle it up.

"I'm not ready Donavan, don't push it." I murmured looking away from him.

He had a defeated look on his face, I felt bad for making him worry but I couldn't help it. I just wasn't ready to discuss it yet.

"Where have you been?" he asked changing the subject.

"Nicaragua." I replied simply.

"Hmm... with Kaden I suppose." he said with a hint of jealousy.

"Correct." I murmured, deciding not to elaborate any further.

"So what did you guys do?"

I don't know why he's trying to be a detective, honestly I'm kind of offended he's questioning me.

"Just hang out, he helped me get my mind off a few things." I said nonchalantly, shrugging my shoulders.

"And how exactly did he do that?" he questioned in an accusing tone.

"It's Kaden, he doesn't really have to do much. He knows me, sometimes better than I know myself so he just did what he usually does whenever my mood is down." I replied, looking at everywhere but him.

"Which is?"

I remained remained quiet, ignoring his question.

I knew it would piss him off, that's why I'm treating the situation like it's no big deal.

"Is there anything going on between you and..." I gave him a mean glare, daring him to finish that question.

"I mean, you guys are a little too close to..." I put a hand up, silencing him.

"Don't say something you're going to regret, I decided to forgive you for the last one, but that doesn't mean I have forgotten, I'm still mad about it so you're treading on thin ice. We'll bury the hatchet but I'm marking the spot." I scolded him.

"I understand, I'm sorry." he mumbled. "It's just that your relationship is kind of weird, no guy and girl can be that close without having any sort of feelings for each other."

"Don't piss me off Donavan." I said through gritted teeth.

"At least we know it's not my mom who hurt you." He said frustratedly, changing the topic.

"Speaking of that, do you mind explaining now?" I asked curiously.

"Lydia was a family friend, witch whatever, put my mom to sleep and only the royal high priestess can wake ear up, took my mom's form and put my dad to sleep, pretended to be my mom for 9 years, something about being obsessed with me, she wanted me to mark her or some shit. Recruited Grendel...." he rambled on.

Although I barely understood what he was saying, at the mention of Grendel I was on high alert.

"Grendel?" I growled pushing him off me. "She had a part in this?"

"Calm down Brooke." he said trying to calm me down but it was no use.

Since I didn't get the satisfaction of killing the old bitch, I'm taking care of Grendel and letting all my frustrations out on her.

I stormed towards the door, about to make my way out of Donavan's house.

"Spencer Brooklyn King you turn around right now." he growled at me.

"I need to handle this Donavan, I'll see you later." I said pulling on the door knob.

"Don't you dare walk out that door." he growled again.

What is his problem?

"Don't growl at me Donavan." I said growling right back at him.

"You will not leave this house unless I say so, you will not go after Grendel, I'll handle it. Now let go of the door." He barked.

I turned around and I was sure my eyes were no longer their regular hazels. Ava had taken over, she didn't like the way Donavan was speaking to us. She was after all an alpha and her dominant nature wouldn't let her submit to him. But, Donavan was a royal. Alpha or not, he had more power than us.

I stared him directly in his eyes, challenging him and I watched his pupils dilate in fury. It was obvious he didn't like me challenging him.

"Submit." he growled, Eric has definitely taken over.

The power behind the order visibly shook me but it wasn't strong enough to make me submit so I stood my ground.

"Submit Brooke." he growled, shaking furiously.

I still wasn't relenting, neither Ava nor I wanted to submit, because we were supposed to be equals, mates weren't supposed to submit to each other.

"I said submit Spencer." he growled ferociously.

The force behind his order had me crumpling down on my knees with my head bowed in submission.

"Yes my king." I whispered in return. I couldn't help it, Ava submitted to him because he made her, forced her.

I couldn't believe he just used his alpha command on me.

"Shit, baby get up, I didn't mean it to be that harsh, I'm sorry." he said trying to reach for my arm but I snatched it away from him.

"Don't touch me right now." I said angrily stepping away from him. "How dare you?"

He looked guilty, shamed. "I'm sorry baby, I'm still learning how to control it." he tried to reason with me.

I wouldn't listen though, all I could think of was why he didn't want me to go after Grendel.

"Why can't I go after Grendel?" I asked cautiously.

"What?" he said sounding offended.

"I didn't stutter Donavan, you heard me loud and clear." I retorted. "Why don't you want me to go after her?"

"I... I don't know, I just don't want you to." he retorted.

"And your reasons are?" he kept avoiding my gaze, so I knew something was up. "you have feelings for her." I whispered.

"I don't know, I don't know what I feel for her, I just don't want her hurt.. I.. I don't know Spencer, my mind is kind of a jumbled mess when it comes to her." he sighed.

Pusses off would be an understatement of the way I was feeling, livid would be an understatement. I felt like I was a ticking time bomb and I was about to explode.

I swung the door open and forcefully slammed it shut, walking out of Donavan's house.

'Kaden.' I mind linked him.

'What's up Spence?' he replied immediately.

'I need you. Grendel was involved with the witch that killed my babies. bring dad and Chris with you.' I explained.

'On my way.' he said shutting the link off.

Since he ordered me not to kill the bitch, I'll have my guys do it for me.

A/N
Sorry guys I've been sick for a while.