Meeting the family

Spencer's POV

I woke up to my dad yelling at me through the mind link.

"Spencer Brooklyn King, you have an hour to be at home and I want that man with you" he ordered.

The way he called Donavan "that man" made it seem like he was angered just at the fact that he had to refer to him.

"Okay daddy" I replied glumly.

I got off the bed, waking Donavan up along with me. I shook him until he finally opened his eyes.

"Get up baby, we've got things to do today" I whispered lowly to him.

"Like what?" he asked rubbing his eyes and yawning.

"Daddy wants to meet you" I replied.

His facial expression looked like one of a deer caught in headlights.

"Should I be worried?" he asked nervously.

I walked over to him and softly pecked his lips.

"You'll be fine baby, promise" I said sending him a reassuring smile.

The entire time we were getting ready to go over to meet my dad, Donavan kept fidgeting, clumsily dropping stuff, staring off into space and mumbling reassuring words to himself. I found it quite cute. I knew my daddy wouldn't hurt him, he might be mad, but he would never hurt my mate. That I was sure of.

The ride home was silent, a very awkward silence. Donavan kept drifting off the road because he was so preoccupied in his thoughts about how my father would receive him.

When we pulled up to my house, I took Donavan's hand giving it a squeeze to let him know I was here for him. He sent me a small smile that looked forced. We walked up to the front door and before I could push it open, Donavan tugged me back to him and kissed me passionately.

"Just in case your father decides to kill me today, I just want you to know I love you and it was worth it dying for you" he whispered against my lips.

I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle. He was blowing this way out of proportion.

"It's going to be fine baby, trust me. I love you too. Now stop being nervous and lets get this over with" I said tugging on his hand and dragging him into the house.

The first person I saw was Kaden.

"What's up Spence?" he greeted me with a hug "Mr. Drake" he said acknowledging Donavan.

"How are you Kaden?" Donavan asked him.

"Great, now that you guys are here. I've been waiting for this all day" Kaden said rubbing his hands together and grinning mischievously.

As if Donavan wasn't already worried enough, he looked wide eyed at me.

"He's teasing baby" I said leaning up on my tippy toes to kiss his lips.

Once our lips made contact, I heard someone clear their throat from the living room and Donavan and I immediately broke away from the kiss.

I looked over at my daddy who looked indifferent. Staring at me with absolutely no emotion in his eyes. I tried walking up to him, but his glare hardened which caused me to whimper and stop in my tracks. His expression faltered a little when he heard me whimper, but it was back up in a split second.

"Mr. King, my name is Donavan Drake, it's nice to finally put a face to the name" Donavan immediately spoke up noticing the tension.

He walked over to my father, arm outstretched for a handshake.

By now, my mom, Kaden's parents and Kaden had already gathered in the living room waiting to see me fathers reaction.

After a few seconds of staring at Donavan's hand like it was infected, daddy finally took his hand in a bone crushing handshake and to my surprise and that of the others in the room, it didn't seem to affect Donavan one bit.

Daddy looked shocked at the way Donavan took his handshake like it was nothing and after a while, I saw a little smile play on his lips. That was a test and he had passed it.

I walked over to them, putting an arm around Donavan's waist and looking up at my dad. When he saw me, he wiped off the little smile that was on his face.

"Donavan, go socialize with the rest of the family" my dad ordered him "Spencer, come with me" he said before turning around and walking away without waiting for a response from me.

Now it was my turn to be nervous. I gave Donavan a quick peck before turning towards my family.

"Please take it easy on him guys" I pleaded and they all gave me the exact same matching mischievous grins.

I shook my head at them before turning around and following after my dad. I found him in his study, sitting on a recliner while he sipped some scotch and stared out the window.

I took the seat opposite him, waiting for him to speak to me. He didn't even acknowledge the fact that I was in the room. I felt the tears threatening to spill out of my eyes, but I held them at bay.

After a few minutes, I couldn't hold them in anymore. They started streaming out endlessly. I sniffled and it caught his attention because he immediately turned towards me with a sullen look on his face.

"I'm sorry daddy" I apologized "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, just please don't be mad at me" I pleaded while sobbing.

He stared silently at me for a few minutes while I cried before spreading his arms wide open gesturing me to come towards him.

I immediately ran into his arms and he engulfed me in a bear hug kissing the top of my head.

"I'm not mad sweetheart, I'm disappointed that you didn't feel comfortable enough to tell me you had met your mate" he whispered against my hair.

"I didn't tell anyone daddy, only Kaden. I was scared to tell you because I knew you would be worried about him being my principal" I said hugging him tighter.

"It's okay, I'm cool with it. I can't keep you guys apart anyway." he mumbled.

We stayed that way for a while, with me wrapped up in his arm. After a while he decided to break the silence.

"Is he human? His scent is kind of weird" he asked curiously.

"As of now, yes" I replied.

"What do you mean as of now?" He asked pulling away from me to pay attention.

"Donavan's situation is kind if weird. He's got the werewolf gene but both his parent are human. Do you know how that's possible?" I asked him.

He knows a lot about werewolf laws and historical facts and all that boring stuff.

"No, but I'll look into it for you" he replied rubbing his chin like he was in deep thought. "Let's go meet this man shall we?" he added getting up.

"Be nice daddy, please? He's important." I pleaded because I knew he was planning on grilling him.

He didn't reply, he just shrugged and gave me the same mischievous smile like the rest of my family.

Surprisingly, Donavan loved my family and they loved him right back. My dad and Chris both noticed his eyes flicker a few times and they looked quite shocked. Overall, they ended the night in the man cave watching American football and drinking beer talking about the hot cheerleaders. Men.

"Your dad I pretty cool, Chris too. I was worried for no reason?" Donavan said to me later that evening as he lay sprawled out on my bed while I was getting ready for a shower.

"Yea, I told you you didn't have anything to worry about" I replied taking off my bra which left me fully bare to him.

I heard Donavan groan before he pulled a pillow over his face.

"What's wrong baby?" I chuckled teasing him.

"You know I can't take you in your fathers house and you're just standing there completely naked in front of me you tease." he replied scowling at me.

"It's not my fault you can't control your hormones" I shrugged.

"How can I when you look so edible" he said getting up and walking over to me.

He took my breasts in both his hands, massaging them and began kneading my nipples. I released a soft moan. I was about to undo his jeans when someone interrupted us.

"Spencer if you even think about doing that in my house I'm grounding you for the rest of your life. Your room isn't sound proof, the whole house can hear you." my dads booming voice came through the mind link causing me to jump away from Donavan.

"What's wrong?" he asked Kuching my cheeks "You're blushing" he teased.

"Shut up" I mumbled. "The entire house just heard our whole encounter."

Surprisingly, he wasn't even embarrassed. He laughed at the situation saying something about cool werewolf hearing.

I left him in the room and went into my bathroom to take a shower and brush my teeth. When I got out, Donavan went in to do the same thing.

Daddy said he could spend the night whenever he wanted, but I doubt he'd be spending the night a lot. I'd rather go over to his house, there's no way I can lay in bed all night with him and not do anything.

I was laying in bed, watching Catfish the Tv show when he came back into the room and laid beside me on the bed, pulling me against his body where my head rested on his chest. He was playing in my hair while I trace the tattoos on his chest.

"So your English teacher tells me he put you in charge of a booth during the Christmas carnival." He said breaking the silence.

"Uhmm.. yea." I replied.

"What booth?" he asked,still playing with my hair.

"The kissing booth" I said looking up at him.

His eyes were flickering again, it looked angry this time and jealous. His body was shaking uncontrollably.

"The what?!" he yelled out.

Here we go.

A/N
How quick I update depends on you guys, the more comments and votes I receive, the earlier I update.