Aftermath

Spencer's POV

I sat on the hospital bed in disbelief. I can't believe he would think I was lying. Donavan knows I would never lie about something like that, that's his mother for crying out loud.

My door burst open and I watched a frantic looking Kaden, Chris and my Dad run up to me. My dad and Chris were looking over my body for any injuries while Kaden fired off questions at me.

"What happened? Are you okay? You look horrible. Why did Donavan leave? Are the babies okay?" He rambled.

The babies. at the mention of the babies, I started sobbing all over again.

"What's wrong Spence?" Kaden asked pulling me into a hug.

I couldn't answer him, I was too hurt to say it out loud.

"I don't hear the heartbeats." I heard Chris whisper tiny dad.

They all got quiet, listening for the heartbeats but couldn't hear any. I watched as a look of realization dawned on them and their eyes became clouded with unshed tears.

"Come here." my dad whispered to me spreading his arms open.

I ran into his embrace without thinking twice. No matter the situation, he always knew how to make me feel better.

This time around, I wasn't feeling better. It wasn't working. There's only one person I want to be with me holding me right now and that one person has branded me a liar. I only wanted my mate, I only wanted Donavan.

"Can you guys give us a minute?" Kaden asked our parents and they nodded before quietly walking out of the room.

"Come here." he said opening up his arms just like my dad did.

He held me tight, rocking me back and forth.

"What happened with Donavan?" he whispered against my head.

"He didn't believe me when I told him who did it." I said as my voice broke at the memory of it.

"Who did what?" he asked pulling away from me to look at my face.

"Donavan's mother laced my tea with something, she's the reason I lost the babies an when I told him about it, he doubted me telling me it was my fault that I had lost them and I wasn't being careful." I was surprised I had managed to get all that out without crying my eyes out.

Kaden's body was shaking violently, he was livid.

"His mother?" he growled pulling me off his lap and began pacing the room. "I want her head." he added.

"Same thing I said." I mumbled "but good luck with that, Donavan thinks his mother is an angel." I scoffed.

"I don't give a fuck what Donavan thinks, that stupid bitch mother or not, I'm killing..." He said stopping abruptly.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

I watched him as he sniffed the air, his eyes flickering. He looked happy.

"She's here." he whispered.

"Who's here?" I asked him but he ignored me and continues sniffing around.

"Who's here Kaden?" I repeated.

His head snapped towards me and he smiled like a kid in a candy store.

"My mate." he whispered.

I smile back at him, I was genuinely happy for him. Kaden has talked about meeting his mate for years.

"Go get her" I said to him.

He walked up to me and kissed the top of my head and ran out of the room like a bat out of hell. I'm happy for him, if anyone deserves happiness, it's him.

I sat on my hospital bed in silence, thinking of my life an how far I've come.

All of a sudden, I started feeling immense pain through my body. Like I was being stabbed by a thousand knives.

'Ava' I choked out calling my wolf. 'What's going on?"

'It's Donavan.' she replied 'He's shifting.'

Donavan's POV

She let out a loud scream as she watched my claws extend going straight for her heart.

I heard a series of frightened yells from the kids around but the adults remained silent, taking in the scene.

Right now this woman wasn't my mother. She was a murderer not just a murderer, but a murderer who murdered my kids. That in my book is unforgivable.

Gone were the good memories I had of her, they were replaced with emptiness, resentment... hatred.

I couldn't control my anger, I was biting, clawing, stomping at this woman. I watched as the life stained from her eyes and still, i felt no remorse.

Once I was sure she was dead, I stepped away from her lifeless body. I still didn't feel like I was the one controlling my body, I was still angry. I needed Spencer right now, she always knew how to calm me down.

Then I remembered the last words she said to me "get the fuck out Donavan". I had made her mad, believed that my mother was incapable of hurting my kids when in all reality, all signs pointed to it. I was just too stupid to realize it.

I was going through different range of emotions right now, emotions I couldn't control.

I turned around to face my family and the looks on their faces said it all, pride. I was confused, I just turned into a giant wolf, bigger than Spencer's dad and they were standing there staring at me with a look of pride?

I felt myself lose control of my body again and my wolf released a loud howl, filled with sorrow from losing his kids and longing for his mate.

I watched as everyone in my family got down on one knee, with their right fist to their chest and bowed in unison.

Within a split second, I heard the ripping of various fabrics and I looked on in awe as their bodies contorted into different angles until all of them stood in front of me in the shape of wolves before howling up to the sky in unison.

A/N
How quick I update depends on you guys, the more comments and votes I receive, the earlier I update.