Not worth it?

Spencer's POV

Waking up, everything felt so disoriented and foggy. I still remember everything that happened, but what I don't remember is how I got into this room. I could hear beeping sounds coming from a device by my bed, a needle with a little long tube was stuck in my wrist and I didn't like it. When I tried to yank it off, someone immediately grabbed my arm stoping me from doing what I intended.

I looked up at the fool who dared to stop me and came face to face with my best friends worried gaze.

"Don't pull it out spence, you lost too much blood"

I looked at the needle in my arm, and looked at what the tube was connected to. A blood bag. I was immediately nauseous. I'm a very squirmish person, I don't like the sight of blood.

"Bloody hell" I said when I felt myself about to pass out again.

"Spencer? C'mon spence" was all I heard before everything went black again.

*Two days later*

I felt someone stroking my cheek and whispering, the touch alone felt like a million fireworks erupted in my body. That could only mean one thing, my mate was here. I opened my eyes and was immediately greeted with tired looking green ones.

"Oh God baby, don't ever scare me like that again, I was worried about you"

"Why?" I asked cluelessly

"Why? Why wouldn't I be? You've been out for 2 days Brooke"

I sprung up out of the hospital bed, mouth agape in shock. "Two days? Where's Kaden and my parents?"

"They went home last night to change. They'll be back again this evening. Thank God you're okay, I haven't been able to sleep being so worried about you"

"What? You haven't slept in two days?" I questioned him shocked

"No, I've been too worried sick to care about sleep"

I cupped his cheek in my hand, and he leaned into it with his eyes closed kissing my palm.

"I'm glad you're okay" he said after a few minutes.

"Me too. What about my parents, did they meet you? Do they know about....about us? I whispered

"No baby, that would put my job on the line. They'd probably think I was a pervert trying to take advantage of you"

I reached out to him and pulled him in for a soft kiss. "You're not baby"

"In your opinion." He mumbled.

I gave him a death glare that said "don't"

"Anyways, how did you hit your head?" He asked changing the topic.

"Uhmm, I was pushed" I answered

"Pushed? By who? Do you have problems with any student at school that would want to harm you?" He asked alarmed

"No, no one"

"Did you catch a glimpse of the person who did it?"

"No, but I know it wasn't a student. Her voice sounded too mature to be a student. Plus I was the only student in the locker room, the other ones were in the gym"

"So it's a teacher? An adult? Wait you said her voice, so the person spoke to you?"

I nodded a yes.

"Why did they say?" He hastily asked

"Uhmm, I don't remember?" I answered questioningly while fidgeting with my nails. That was my tell, because at that moment Donavan knew I was lying.

"Don't lie to me Brooke. What did they say?" He asked angrily

"To stay away from you because you were theirs" I whispered lowly but I know he heard me because he yelled out in outrage.

"What?" Which caused me to flinch from his tone

"You mean this happened because of me? You're in this hospital because of me?" His face looked pained, like he was blaming himself.

"No no no baby, it's not because of you."

"Don't try to convince me otherwise Spencer. We both know the truth"

"It's not your fault someone wants me to stay away from you."

"But it's my fault the person got violent with you" he yelled causing me to flinch again. "I'm the reason you lost so much blood and had to get a transfusion"

"But I don't blame you, doesn't that count for something?" I asked hopefully

"It does, but I still blame myself. I'm just trying to figure out who would want to hurt you because of me" he said his eyes taking on a very distant expression.

"It was just probably an ex lover or something that's mad that you've moved on" I said still trying to convince him not to blame himself.

"No, i never really had relationships. just hook up's and the two serious relationships I had, they're both married and live in different countries" he revealed. That revelation hurt a bit, being I saved myself for him and he didn't do the same for me. But then again, how was he supposed to know he would be mated to a werewolf? I wouldn't expect him to wait all 24 years of his life. "I'll look through the school cameras tomorrow and see what happened" he said with his face in his hands.

"Please don't blame yourself Donavan, please. It wasn't your fault"

"I love you Brooke, I really do but I feel like this relationship is too risky"

"Excuse me?" I choked out when I felt my chest start hurting. Is he rejecting me?

His face looked pained, like what he was saying was hurting him. It might hurt him emotionally, but not physically because technically he was still human until his royal wolf decided otherwise. I was the one who was feeling actual pain not him.

"We're risking too much being together. It's...it's just not..."

"You can't do this to me Donavan. You can't. I refuse to let you do this to me. I fucking love you, you bloody idiot. I don't care about the risks, to hell with the risks. I refuse to live without you. Please don't do this to me Donavan, you're hurting me" I pleaded with tears streaming down my face.

He tried to wipe my years away, but I snatched my face away from his grip.

"I love you too baby, it hurts me to say this. Our relationship is just not wor..."

"Worth it?" I cut him off again "Is that what you were gonna say Donavan? Our relationship isn't worth it? I'm not worth it?" I said whispering the last question

"You are worth it baby and you know it but think of all the things that could go wrong?"

"We'll cross that bridge when we get there Donavan. Just don't leave me, please." I pleaded with more tears streaming down my face.

Donavan immediately pulled me into an embrace, placing light kisses on my head.

"Oh baby, I won't leave you, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry for even bringing the topic up. I love you, I love you so much. I'm just trying to protect you" he said cupping my face in his hands.

"But you don't have to" I replied

"I do. But just so you know, when it comes down to your safety, if it means I have to end our relationship I will. You're more important" I was already shaking my head disagreeing with him.

"It won't come down to that"

"But if it does, I'm just letting you know what my decision would be" I simply nodded an okay.

'I love you" he spoke after a few minutes of silence.

"I love you too"

With my sensitive hearing and smell, I picked up on my parents, Kaden's and Kaden's parents voices and scents.

"My people are coming" I alerted him

"What? Where are they?" He asked nervously

"They just got on the elevator"

"Elevator? How do you know that?"

I simply shrugged my shoulders like I always did when I tried to avoid a question.

"Ahh, this has to do with the whole not being fully human thing?" He asked amused

"Something like that" I replied smiling widely

"I'm still waiting for you to tell me what that's about" he said leaning in.

"I'll tell you when the time is right. You're not ready yet"

He opened his mouth to interject an I stopped him with a raise of my hand "As much as you think you are baby, you're not. Trust me, I'll tell you, just not now"

"I can live with that" he whispered leaning in to kiss me. When our lips made contact, I felt like my whole body was on fire. He tried to deepen the kiss, but I heard the elevator ding signaling my parent were on my floor already.

"They're coming, so if you wanna leave, now is the perfect time to do that undetected" I informed him "And you better get some sleep when you get home" I scolded

"Alright baby I will. Bye, I love you" he pecked my lips before he rushed out of the room.

"Love you too" I replied even though he was already gone.

I lay back in bed enjoying the silence and thinking about Donavan when my rowdy family burst into the room yelling and armed with balloons and teddy bears. There goes my peace and quietness.

A/N
Please comment and vote. I want to know what you guys think. The more people read, comment and vote, the more I update. New chapter will be posted later tonight or early tomorrow morning.