The truth

Donavan's POV

"About damn time you shifted." I heard my little cousin Robbie mumble from behind the crowd.

Everyone had eventually shifted back to their human forms and got dressed, me included.

"Does anyone want to explain what's going on?" I asked slightly curious and irritated.

Everyone remained quiet, they all looked between each other, as if trying to figure out who would be the person to break the news to me.

"What the fuck is going on?" I yelled even louder and they all flinched.

"Boy if you cuss in my house again, I will chop your lips off. King or not." I heard a voice I hadn't heard in over 9 years say.

I turned around, shocked. My eyes clouded as I took in the man who had raised me, the man who made me what I am today, the same man who according to my mother was dead, my father.

My entire family got down on one knee again, right fists to their hearts and bowed when they saw him.

"Dad?" I asked carefully approaching him.

"C'mon son." he replied with arms spread wide and pulled me into a hug.

We remained in our embrace for a while until I finally pulled away.

"Where have you been? what happened?" I asked frantically.

He smiled at me, looked over to where my mothers dead body lay and his smile became even wider.

"It's about time you killed that bitch." he mumbled. "Wait a minute, where's my mate, where's Karen?" He asked looking around.

"Excuse me?" I asked confused. He just congratulated me for killing her, then he asks about her?

"The high priestess isn't here to awaken her yet, her spell has to break before she can break she can help your mate. Karen's spell was a lot stronger than yours." One of my uncles spoke up.

I was getting confused, what the hell were they talking about?

"Alright." My dad yelled clapping his massive hands together. "I haven't had a single bite to eat in nine years, I need some good food and somebody find that high priestess, I want my mate." he added and began walking into the tent.

We all followed him into the tent, he took a seat at the head if the table and I sat right beside him. When the servers brought him his food, he grubbed it down like a starved animal.

I watched his every movement, scared that he was going to disappear again.

"Okay, I'm dying here. What is going on? Where have you been?" I Said finally breaking the silence.

"When you were 13, your mother made a new friend, her name was Lydia. Lydia became a close friend of the family, knew our secrets, everything. One day, your mother overheard her planning to hurt us and she cast a spell on your mother before she could tell anyone, putting her to sleep. She would've killed her if she could, but witches can't kill supernaturals, the royal family at that. I walked in on her when she was casting a spell to make herself look like your mom and when I was about to attack her, she put me to sleep too. For the past nine years, Lydia has been posing as your mother. Her plan was to have you fall in love with a human girl of her choice and kill her after, take her form and have you mark her. Lydia wanted to be with you Donavan, she wanted to be your mate. Lydia has been obsessed with you since you were 14. So, she cast a spell on you to delay your change and she was planning on lifting the spell when her plan had worked and you were ready to mark her. But what she didn't understand was that a royal can only mark his mate and no one else" he explained.

"Wait a minute, royal? and I haven't marked anyone, I doubt Spencer even knows I'm a werewolf." I said getting sad at the thought of my mate.

"Oh she knows, there's no way she doesn't know. After she marked you, your wolf and hers became one. Even still, Eric is too possessive and stubborn so I guarantee you he surfaced a few times, you just didn't know it." he said patting my back.

"So everyone knew about this?" I asked looking around the table at my family.

When I noticed the guilty looks on their faces, I became angry all over again.

"Why didn't you say anything?" I growled and they all bowed their heads in shame.

"They couldn't say anything son, they weren't allowed to." my dad said sternly.

I was still angry, I was shaking furiously and I knew I was about to change again.

I released a feral growl and in less than a second, everyone was out of the tent except my dad.

"I need her." I managed to get out.

"Who son?" he asked sympathetically.

"My mate Dad, I need Brooke." I couldn't control it, my bones started breaking and realigning and I knew it was too late. I shifted into my wolf and ran out of the tent with only one destination in mind.

When I got to the hospital, I had to sneak in and steal some clothes. I made a beeline straight for Spencer's room nearly breaking the door down to get in.

When I barged into the room, it was empty. No signs of her, nothing. I was getting scared, because we didn't leave in good terms, I couldn't stand her being far away from me and on top of that hate me.

I must've called her at least a hindered times after I got home and she didn't reply a single one of my calls. She did however, reply one of my texts telling me to leave her alone.

I had been back for 2 weeks and I was going into depression, my father was going crazy trying to find the high priestess to wake my mom up and I was going crazy tiring to find Spencer.

She hadn't been to school, or in town and neither had Kaden, so I knew she was with him. I'd been calling Kaden just as much as I'd been calling Spencer and neither of them picked up.

Conrad and Chris weren't helping either, they avoided me, never answered my questions about her whereabouts, always saying "she needs time to grieve." I knew she needed time to grieve, but I wanted us to grieve together. I wanted to be the one consoling her, holding her and telling her everything would be okay.

After school, I drove home with Spencer occupying every aspect of my mind. When I pulled up to my house, I noticed a familiar car sitting in the driveway and my heart skipped a beat.

I recounted what I was going to say to her, I thought about how she would look, would she be happy to see me? Was she still angry? Does she want to leave me? I was scared.

I cautiously walked into my home, letting her scent lead me to her.

There she was, as beautiful as ever. My mate. sitting there staring at me with her beautiful hazel eyes.

For two weeks I had prepared myself and memorized what I would say when I saw her again, but right now, here she was sitting in my couch staring right at me and I was at a loss for words.

"I'm sorry." was the only thing I managed to get out as I felt tears stream down my face.

"I know." she whispered.

"I'm so sorry baby, I really am. I didn't mean it, any if it. Please believe me." I pleaded getting on my knees in front of her.

"I know babe, I know." she choked out and I noticed some unshed tears swimming around in her eyes. "I.. I forgive you."

I was shocked to say the least, I thought she was going to make me suffer a little more or worse, break up with me but I definitely didn't expect her to forgive me.

"Can.. can I touch you now?" I pleaded.

It's been so long since I've held her, touched her, kissed her and I missed her like hell.

She nodded in response to my question and I wasted no time before engulfing her in a hug.

"I love you." she whispered as she nuzzled my neck.

A/N
How quick I update depends in you guys, the more comment and votes I get, the quicker I update.