Chapter 18

It's been a few days since Alexandria tried to kill the Saviors. Everything has changed, nothing is going to be the same anymore. I can't believe they were going to kill Eugene, Rosita is the one that shocked me the most. She was the one who was going to trigger to make the bombs activate.

I've been hiding for days, from everyone a part of the Saviors, even Eugene and Negan. I have been alone for days, hiding from everything. In my mind, it's telling me they were trying to protect themselves against them and I knew that... I really did, but my heart felt betrayed but I can't hide from them forever. I need to see them.

I watch as punished men work outside with the walkers, I feel so sorry for these guys, they must have done something bad to be put in here, I've gotten lucky when I got caught walking back into the Sanctuary with a broken wrist and walkers blood covering me.

I'll properly be in the cell again if I go to Alexandria or I'll be working with these guys with the walkers. "How are you holding up?" I gasp in shock as I hear a voice come out of nowhere. I look up to see Negan standing there, leaning on Lucille, looking at me with sympathy.

"Yeah... I'm alright... I think," I say, quietly as I carry on watching the walkers and men in cream jumpers and sweatpants which are now covered in dirt and has a letter on each one. "I just can't believe they were going to blow up the trucks even though they saw Eugene," I finish as I look to the ground.

"Sort of shocked me as well," Negan replies, sitting on a wooden box next to me with Lucille in front of him. "What's going to happen now?" I ask, turning to look at Negan, he signs as he looks away from me, I knew he had a meeting but I couldn't go, I just wanted to be alone so I had no idea what is going on.

"We're going to war," He announces, I nod my head, I should have expected that. "Y-you do realise that I'm not getting involved," I tell him and he nods, properly knowing from the fight at Alexandria.

"I don't want to you too... I won't allow it," He says causing me to chuckle, I didn't expect him to say that "You know... even though I went through a lot of suffering from you... I'm starting to warm up to you," I tell him, making him smirk at my comment.

"Your not as bad as I thought you were, you can be a complete asshole. I still don't like you for killing my friends especially the Glenn but I can tell your a good leader, you protect your people, that's what a good leader does," I tell him with a smile, I still miss my family and Alexandria, I really do but at this moment staying here is the best thing.

"Can we go out soon... go on a run?" I question, Negan turns to look at me in confusion, "Why? we got enough supplies to last hell of a while," Negan replies as he stands up so he's standing in front of me with a smirk on his face.

"I-I just need to get away for a few days and I know you won't let me go on my own and I prefer to go with you than the others," Negan looks up and stares at the wall behind me, obviously thinking about it.

"Yeah... a lot right... we can go a few days. I can leave Simon in charge. We'll leave tomorrow afternoon," Negan says before putting Lucille on his shoulder and starts to walk away but stops once I called him, he turns back to look at me and raised an eyebrow as I walk towards him so I'm standing in front of him.

"Thank you... I really appreciate it," I tell him before looking behind me to see if anyone is looking before placing my two hands on his stubbled cheeks, smiling at him before pulling him down, connecting my lips with him.

The kiss only lasted seconds since we were in public eye and I knew Negan would want to keep 'tough guy' act and I don't want anyone to believe that I'm Negan's new wife, which I'm not and not going to be. I smirk at him and wondered back to my room.

I lie in bed, thinking. Thinking about what's going to happen after the run with Negan. A few days after the run, I'm going to sneak out in the night and head over to Alexandria and talk to them. I need to get to Alexandria.