Chapter 3

It's been a few days since I literally opened my heart to Negan, telling him about my deceased daughter and husband and I regret doing it. Why did I do it? I don't understand, how could I tell him about the most precious thing in my life... well who was in my life, my little girl.

I slowly get out of my bed which is now the floor due to the Saviors taking all the mattresses and chairs. I quickly change into some new clothes before I head into Judith's room, I open the door to see Judith standing in her cot, holding on to the railing crying her eyes out.

I quickly approach her before picking my little niece out of her cot and held her on my hips as I asked her a sweet and high tone, "What's wrong sweetheart?" I look at her with a smile, even though I know what she wants, my tone made her smile behind her dummy.

I take her downstairs, to see Carl, Rick or Michonne nowhere in sight. I know that Rick had gone on a run so he could get more things for Negan who should be arriving in a few days. I quickly grab some fruit, I had found a few days ago, growing in some's old garden.

I quickly smash up in a small bowl before sitting her on my lap to allow her to eat. After Judith finished eating, I decide to go on a quick run to help Aaron and my brother out with collecting more things and to just get out of here just in case Negan decide to show up.

I put Judith in her cot before going back into my room to get ready to go, I pack up all my stuff, grabbing my weapons, my knife and a gun which been secretly hidden away until now. I pack up my bag before putting it onto my back, before leaving I quickly go and check on Judith to see she's laying on her back playing with her teddy.

 I smile before heading out of the house and out of Alexandria, not without asking Olivia to look after Judith for me. I walk up the dirt road as I would normally do when I got out but after I find a new house to scavenge, a large truck comes down the road which really worried me a bit. 

I quickly run off the road and onto the porch so I can get out of the way of the truck and hope the person driving it wouldn't see me and unfortunately for me the driver did spot me.

"Hey, doll. I thought I told you to stay in Alexandria to back your things!"

I groan once I released who it was, of course, it would be Negan. I look down to the floor before I slowly walk towards the truck but made sure I stayed a good distance away, "I'm just out looking stuff." I say as I cross my arms and watched Negan carefully just in case he made a move to get out.

"Well doll, you have finished for today, I'm going to take you back to Alexandria with us,"

Us? What us? who's in there with him?

I give him a look before slowly taking a few steps back as I tell him to just let me get everything out of this house, I knew by the look on Negan's face that he didn't want to wait but he allowed me to go in and get everything, properly because he knew it is going to be his.

I nod and thanks, before taking out my knife and heading into the house, being as quiet as I could just in case there are any walkers inside. I close the door quietly before I tiptoe into the old kitchen where I could hear walker groans come from.

I raise my arm in the air before bringing it down fast, impaling the blade into the male walker's brain. I use an old tea towel to clean up the blood off the blade before looking through all the cupboards finding almost nothing. 

I grab everything I could find before I carry on looking around finding nothing but another two walkers. I groan in frustration once I looked through the entire house including an attic that also had nothing. Either Alexandria or the Saviors had already scavenged this place but I'm not sure as there are a few canned foods and some bottles of water.

I quickly head out of the house, a frown on my face for two reasons, one for not finding anything and two, that now I have to ride home with Negan and the mystery person in the truck. I watch as Negan turns to look at me through the open truck window.

"By the look on your face, doesn't look like you found anything... apart from walkers," He says as he points at my top, I look down to see blood on it. I look at him, a frown still on my face as I nod, agreeing with him.

"Come on, time to go back, sweetheart!"

I look away from him as I walked on the other side of the truck, I open it up before climbing in, I gasp once I release who the mystery person is, it's my nephew Carl. I look at him in shock before giving him another look basically asking 'what are you doing here,'

Carl didn't answer, he just looked away. Whilst Negan looks at me and smirked and was telling me what happened, I literally couldn't believe Carl would go into the Saviors place and hold a gun at Negan's men and him and threaten to kill them. Haven't lost Glenn and Abraham been enough to tell Carl that we're not going to get out of this alive if any of us keep doing stupid decisions, including me.

It felt like forever for Negan to get us home and the whole journey was horrible, Negan said that he'll be here until Rick comes back and that made me nervous because he'll be around Judith and he'll properly be scaring the other residents of Alexandria.

And Negan did want for he said he was going to do, stay here and waited for my brother to return. He made Carl and I show him around the house but stopped once a while to take a good look, he turned on the taps to see we had running water, he played some darts and got a bullseye which he was happy about.

And when we got to the final door, the one I feared the most, Judith's bedroom.

"How about this one?" Negan's asks, still keeping a hold of Lucille, I was about to make an excuse but Carl beat me to it, unfortunately, he didn't believe it and opened the door, revealing Judith who is standing in her cot holding her elephant teddy.

"Oh, my..." Negan says as he slowly approaches the little girl before handing Lucille over to Carl, he walks closer to her before picking her up and holding her close to him, now I'm scared, even more so since Negan knows Judith exist.