Chapter 38

A loud gasp escapes my lungs, fighting to keep the tightness around the organ to bay, a painful thumb rushing through my head, the stress of everything just bubbling in my stomach, which sent me to the floor bringing up the only source of food I've had the last couple of hours. 

Everything around in and outside of the Sanctuary is just a disaster. Bodies laying everywhere bound the sealed door and the cries and moans of the injured behind them. The walkers growling could be heard through the metal door, shuddering as they pile up and slam against it.

"I'll give you credit," A strong voice suddenly echoes through the suffering sounds, hand on my head refusing the engage. "You saved a hell of a lot of lives today, we'd probably be fucking bleeding out by now," 

"I never thought I'd hear such lovely words come out of your mouth, Arat... but thank you," A smile on my face, taking a deep breath hoping to control the feeling in my stomach. The woman before me just nods and awkwardly moves away, stepping over a suffering man, cradling his arm, she stops looking down at the person below her, turning her attention back onto me.

"Now get the fuck up and help!" Arat snaps and speeds away, my eyes roll thinking to myself how quick the kindness disappeared, turning back to her bitchy self.

Holding my breath, lifting myself back to my feet, body fighting every move as aches spread through every muscle. Hand laying on the bulge on my stomach, nothing dramatically big, but large enough to connect the dots.

Walking down the small chilly hallway, heading into the main area of the factory, the same area Eugene and I witnessed such horrific events, the doctor of the Sanctuary rushed off his feet trying to assist everyone he can. Other Sanctuary members trying to take some of the pressure off the poor man's shoulders.

My eyes divert from the injured to the balcony seeing a familiar figure, the rage could be felt from a mile away and his face shows it too. Two hands sitting on the bar holding the top part of his body, the barbed bat sitting next to him. I watch as Negan gestures me to come before grabbing Lucille quickly exiting. 

Deciding not the anger him anymore, I take my own leave to catch up to where he thought would be the best place to 'chat'.  Dreading started to hit me, nerves causing the shake of my hands, fearing the unknown that's about to happen once the door in front of us shuts behinds.

"As goddamn badass that was, it was incredibly stupid! What were you even thinking?" Negan frowns with a shake of his head, leathered fingers tapping lightly on the dresser beside him as he strolls towards one of the material chairs in the room, signing as he sits.

"You would have lost a hell of a lot of people,"

"At this very damn minute do you think I care! You shot a rocket launcher while on the roof, pregnant," 

"Ok, I get it. It was stupid, but I-It had to be done," I signed, avoiding any kind of eye contact, scratching the top of my finger trying to keep my attention to something else other than the scolding.

"If I didn't know you weren't sibling with Rick, I definitely know now. You two are so alike!" Negan smirks, leaning back into the chair. My eyes closed as the nerves are quickly replaced by anger, knowing he triggered something within me.

Negan chuckles, pointing his finger towards me. "You two don't think about anyone do you, you risk everything. I can just imagine how many times your brother risked his own son's li..."

"You've got no idea what the fuck he's been through, what we've been through. Perhaps we don't think about ourselves, but I'll tell you now! Those people in Alexandria are your family and we'd do anything to protect them, especially Carl!"I practically scream, angered tears streaming down my face.

If this was any kind of cartoon, the steam would be pouring out of my ears, now standing face to face with the man, leaning closer to his ear before dangerously whispering. "Before you make comments about my family, just remember you're no were near perfect. Think of how you treated your own wife before you criticise me,"

A smug smile on my face, as I see the look on his face. Stepping out of the room, but before leaving him to think about the words that are probably bouncing around in his head," I saved a load of your people, you would be nothing without them... you should be thanking me and don't worry, your child's fine,"

The door slams shut behind me, tear streamed down my face, leaning against the door choking on my breaths, causing the sudden deep breathing. Perhaps he is right, Rick and I are alike, but I can't tell if that's a good or bad thing. I'd say more rolling to it be a bad thing.

I'm just curious. What would you like the baby to be? Boy or Girl? Either way, thanks for the read, I literally just winged this one, just had a random urge to write so, other than that I hope you enjoy.