Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Annie Pov.

"Help!" I cry out. No one answers I yell again "Help please help!"

I can't swim. I'm slowly drowning. Another wave comes and instead of holding my breath I try to fight going under. The wave knocks me onto my back and pushes me under the water. Way to go Annie... I suddenly feel myself drift off and fall asleep while the waves continue to torture me with their powerful strength.

I feel my chest being pressed on and someone blowing air into mouth. I've seen this before, they call it CPR. I slowly feel myself come back to life. I feel something on my skin that we don't have in my district it's a blonde colored dirt. It's soft and kind of fluffy but rough and grainy at the same time. I sit up and I hit heads with the boy who brought me back to life.

"Oh I'm sorry" I say "I'm kind of a clutz" I explain to him

"Don't worry about it" he says as he just stares at me.

"Thanks for helping me, you saved my life" I thank him.

"Don't sweat it, so you obviously can't be from 4 when you're from 4 you're born a swimmer." he says waiting for my response.

"I'm from 6 actually" I tell him "Aren't you gonna rad me out to the peacekeepers now?" I ask assuming that's what he is going to do.

"Why would I do that?" he asks.

"Why wouldn't you do that?" I look at him thinking he is going to rad me out but he's just being annoying.

"Wow do the other districts hate us as much as people say?" he asks with a smirk on his face.

"Well you are the capital's lap dogs" I tell him he gives me a look that I don't understand is it.. guilt?

"Aren't you nice to the people who try to save you?" he says getting up and walking away, leaving me on this blonde dirt.

"I'm sorry" I say "It's just hard and unfair how we're treated and you guys have it so easy."

"Everything's not perfect here either you know?" he says to me clearly not buying nor excepting my apology.

"We got off on the wrong foot can we maybe try to get to know each other better?" I ask why am I fighting for him to stay? I guess it's because I'm desperate I have no one here in this district.

"My name is Finnick" he says "Finnick Odair"

"Annie" I say.

"Annie" he smiles "I like that name."