Power Advancement Chapter 48

Marinas POV
We stayed there for a while looking arond. The luscious fake grass was no longer green. They had red stains on it and black shards scattered. I walked over to a pile of students and reached my hand to the necks. I felt a pulse but their arms were bleeding. "We can't just leave them here" I said. Luna held her forehead and started rubbing it. Nick was stroking his chin as if he was thinking. "The nurse!" Luna said. I made a mad dash over to the health room which luckily wasn't far. I grabbed the 10 aid kits, I looked inside and it was full of bandages and acetone. I grabbed it all and ran to the students. I gave a kit to both Luna and Nick. We spent at least 15 minutes going around placing bandages and acetone on students. Once we were all done me and Luna were about to take off. Nick grabbed Luna's shoulder and reeled her back. "I'm going with you" he said, in his serious tone. I gulped Luna shook her head no "absolutely not, I mean not that your not much help it's just that your not much help!" Luna said. Nick looked at me with pleading eyes. I knew I was going to say no but he would probably follow us and get himself killed. "I got an idea!" I said. I created a ball of light which would detonate to explode. I made Luna make an ice hammer. She made an ice barrier around campus. I placed the detonated light on a random tree trunk and placed the ice hammer next to it. "If Lilly comes and threatens you I want you to hit the ball in the upward direction it will explode once above the ice field and we will be here in seconds. Nick nodded his head which melted my heart. Luna looked at me and tilted her head and we began to walk away. Right when I was about to run with Luna someone grabbed my hand. They spun me around quickly and pulled me into a hug, it was Nick. My heart was beating so fast I was sure he could feel it. He began to slowly whisper to me "be careful, we can't loose you". Luna cleared her throat which made me jump back. I could tell he was about to blush when he looked down. I waved goodbye and flashed a smile. We began to sprint closer to the city.

Luna's POV
We ran through the ice wall and I had to patch it back up. I could see Nick staring at us from the distance. We ran to our street and looked around. The cars were flipped over, the street was ripped up and had holes in it. We saw a few zombie like people walking around but totally avoided us. We ran around I became impatient and started to yell out, causing my words to bounce off walls and echo loudly. "Lilly we know your out there!" A few birds squeaked. "SHOW YOURSELF!!" I yelled even louder, causing all the birds to fly from the trees. I was shocked I didn't even think birds survived that. Something blocked out the sun, me and Marina turned around to see Lilly floating down to the ground on a pile of black smoke. She laughed while tossing her blonde hair behind her shoulders. Her eyes were as dark as night and her smile was as wicked as the devils. Her black dressed flowed and Lilly was fiddling with her gloves as if she was just putting them on. She laughed loudly and looked straight at me. She casually walked off the black smoke and walked to me. "Pretty eager aren't we Luna?" She said while rubbing a finger down my cheek. It sent chills up my spine, it felt like she could cut me with her razor sharp nails. I slapped her hand off my face and she inhaled loudly. "Feisty today aren't we?" She asked as if totally innocent. I wanted to spit an ice cube in her face so badly. She smiled wickedly. "It's okay I think it's time we stop playing these games and just finish you off already!" She said. She backed up with every step her heels clicked causing my heart to jump. She looked around and quickly used black magic to lift up the cars. She threw them at us I had little time to react but my ice shield wasn't strong enough to stop the hurling car. My breath took a sharp inhale as the front collided with my stumach. I was spinning out of control, the world around me a blur as I felt my stomach turn upside down. I landed hard on the pavement. I landed on my hands and knees. I bit my tongue from yelling out in pain. My palms and knees were burning as I tried to stand up. Marina ran over to me and fell on her stomach, with a thud. Lilly stood behind her with her hands out. She held her hands out in the direction of Marina who was face down on the street pavement. Right when she was about to shoot her, I yelled and stood up. Marina quickly rolled and shot a bright dazzling light in her face. Lilly stumbled back and tripped over a couple of large sticks. She fell onto her butt and stayed there. I ran over to her. I ran my hands over my palms and knees to cool down the stinging injuries. Lilly eyes were closed so I took this as an opportunity. I put my foot on her stomach to make sure she doesn't move when she gets off. I grabbed her pendant and looked at it, it was a special black shard that was flat but pointy on the bottom. I tried to yank it, but it didn't come off this time. I pulled harder and harder, forgetting the fact that this is Lilly and that she could wake up at any moment. I pulled harder and harder it was starting to loosen when Lilly took a deep breath, her eyes opened wide. Before I could react she grabbed my wrist and flipped me over. I landed hard on my back and quickly got up. She looked at me with darker eyes. Even darker than night. She began to talk and her voice was real deep and even scarier than her normal voice. She walked closer to us. Me and Marina took our steps back in fear. I felt my knees begin to wobble. "Don't you every touch my necklace!" She yelled in her demonic voice. She held her arms out to the side and a black essence swarmed around her hands. She pushed it out to us. It was like an earthquake coming towards us. The streets cracked and a wave pushed us over. We fell to the ground. Lilly has a crazed look in her eyes. This was the most maddest she has ever been. It was real scary. She started firing all the has. Shards pounced off my skin causing me to bleed a little. Shards came to my skirt, causing a rip in the skirt. I created an ice shield to block all the shard but it wasn't big enough for both me and Marina. I yelled out in pain as the shards were attacking my shield and my legs. Marina was trying to shoot fire balls at Lilly but Lilly created a thick fog. Black magic swirled around us as I began to feel powerless. I grew angry and angrier.

Marinas POV
I couldn't control this power anymore. I can't handle it. I am tired of fighting evils if there are any more I am going to scream. I grew furious. "We have to set our powers free!" I yelled above the howling of the black magic wind. I let go. I held onto my necklace. I felt my hair fly back and my dress fly around me. I heard Luna gasp but I listened to my heart. I felt my necklace vibrate and I felt light shoot out of my arms. I opened my eyes slowly to see light exploding everywhere making the black magic go away. I closed my eyes as I felt a door open in side of me. I became lighter and soon I felt my feet leave the ground. I felt my powers turn around all around me as my necklace roared like a lion. I opened my eyes to see a few flames around me. I looked around I was flying! I had the urge to run. I set down on the ground and ran to Lilly. She was scared and I pushed her over.

Luna's POV
I did a double take as I saw my sister go up in flames. She was flying in mid air. When she reached the ground she zoomed, I mean literally zoomed over to Lilly causing Lilly to fall. Marina stood there panting looking at her body in disbelief. Lilly stood up immediately and yelled in her demonic voice. She began to throw more black shards at us. I stood up and held onto my necklace. I felt the cold running through my blood, through my veigns. I took a sharp breath as I felt snow swirl around me I felt ice at my hands and i erupted with snow. I opened my eyes to see thick snow in my hands my heart pinged with a bit of disappointment. I shot it at Lilly which barely made her move. How come Marina gets the cool power while I have snow and ice? I thought to myself. Than an idea came to my mind. Lilly was walking over to me and Marina. Me and Marina were back to back. "Distract her I have an idea with our um power advancement!" I whispered. "Got it!" She said breathy. She shot fire and light at Lilly distracting her. A thought came to my mind and I started using my ice power.

Marinas POV
I zoomed around shooting fire balls at Lilly. She shot blindly while I was continuously hitting her in the side. Lilly continued to reach for her necklace which made me even more mad. I continued to shoot and Lilly began to attack back. I felt fire anger inside of me. Lilly was about to shoot me when we heard something howl in the distance. We looked around trying to see where the dog howl came from. Something came running and a smile spread across my face while Lilly gave us the death glare. Luna was waltzing up to us with her hands out. A wolf was right in front of here, it's eyes glued to Lilly. It's fur was glue and had a few ice crystals. The wolf shimmered, it had a small snowflake like pendant around its neck. It looked at me and it barked excitedly. The wolf barked and opened its mouth it shot ice crystals at Lilly. We all fired and exchanged fire. Luna smirked "let the battle begin" she said.

Authors not: sorry I haven't updated in a while! I am focusing on another book right now but I'm back!! So how did you like this chapter?

Question of the day: what other power advancements would you add to Marina and Luna's power?