While in Merville....Chapter 29

Marinas POV
I opened my eyes to the sunlight creeping in. I felt like a whole new person. I can finally be me, the merville princess who has the powers of sun and light. I got up and walked downstairs. I snapped my fingers and a dazzling ball of light circled around me as it transformed my silky red pajamas into my beautiful flowy dress. I walked into the kitchen where Luna was freezing up a bowl of ice cream. She smiled as I walked in. "chocolate ice cream for breakfast?" I asked. She looked at me with a no duh look and said "uhh yea duhh" we ate the ice cream and talked about our new life. We walked into the living room and watched tv. Last night Luna walked out to her house and grabbed her tv from her room! At about lunch time we talked about how we should go down to merville. We need to give an update on what's happening and it will be nice to finally swim in the ocean.

It was after we ate that we opened the door to the ocean side. I took a deep breath. It has been so long since I could swim freely. I smelled the salt air and looked at Luna. On her face was a huge smile. She giggled as she jumped into the water below. Her skirt sparkled as she jumped in. I than jumped in. My red dress falling along. I hit the salty ocean. It has been so long, to long. I transformed underneath the water and swam up. As I reached the surface I flipped my hair back. I giggled and looked at my sparkly red tail. We than dove down and swam to merville. But we weren't in any rush. We swam normally. I giggled as a wave of fishes swam by us. Than a sea horse began to swim by us and as we got deeper into the ocean the animals subsided. Soon we reached the elevator that takes us to merville. We got in and it shot us to merville. When we arrived we tapped in the code and the gates opened. I smiled at the sight. There were merpeople swimming about. We swam more down on the streets and people were greeting to us and waving. We swam to the palace and the guards opened the doors to us and smiled. We swam inside to the living room where mom was watching a show on humans. We sat down next to her. The mermaid on the show was terrible at pretending to skate. Than mom turned her head and screamed. "you girls scared me" she said. Than she pulled us into a big hug.

Lunas POV
After mom was done hugging us she offered us snacks. She handed us some underwater watermelon. It tastes really good almost like watermelon but sweeter. Than I began to speak "mom we got discovered". Mom froze and looked at us. She blinked slowly than put her plate down. She sighed and swam over to the window. She sighed again and turned to us. "you girls are in immediate trouble" she began but than I interrupted her. "we ran away" her eyes softened a bit. "why don't you stay here". My mind began to race. What if we do stay here? It is our kingdom we are the princesses. "we will see" said Marina. We spent the day shopping and just having fun in merville and with mom. Than at night me and Marina swam to Pop's house. We rung the tiny seashell which made a ding ding noise almost like a doorbell. Pop lazily opened the door and her eyes widened and her smile broadened when she saw us. She hugged us and than bowed jokingly. Her green hair in her face and than she broke down laughing. She brought us inside. She told us the latest buzz of what was happening in Merville and stuff like that. Splode came in and she was 9 years old! She saw us and swam real fast into Marinas arms. Splode was exploding in excitement. We all played board games and we slept over. We even pulled an all nighter. Soon the sun rose. There is a panel that captures sunlight And feeds the real sunlight and artificial sunlight. When we woke up we went shopping and laughed at how merpeople were swimming into the walls when the wave at us. Before we knew it we have been in merville for a week. And it has been nothing but pure fun and freedom. We began to swim back after we ate lunch. We went in the elevator and it shot us to our castle/palace. I created an ice plank that we climbed up onto with our tails. Marina dried us off. I created some icy stairs. Marina walked up first, her sparkly dress trailing behind. I got to admit I shortened my blue skirt to make it girly. When we reached the castle Marina made a few gasps.

Marinas POV
Right next to our castle doors were black shards. They made a few holes in the palace wall wide enough for someone to just barely squeeze through. I picked up the bottom of my dress and ran towards the hole so I could get a closer look. The edges were super pointy, like someone could cut themselves! Than Luna squatted down and put her curly hair behind her ear. "I think our cousin is in here" I said. Luna nodded and said "get ready to fight". I stood up and was about to blow up the door in fire explosions when Luna said "wait!" And held her hand up". I squatted down beside her and she picked up something. I couldn't tell what it was at first than she held it up to her face. It was hair. Luna squinted at it and put the strands of hair on her hands. She squinted than gasped she put her other hand over her mouth. "What?!" I asked. She silently handed me the strands of hair, her hand still over her mouth. I looked at the hair and gasped.
There in my hand were strands of auburn hair.
Just.Like.Aqua.