Old cousin Chapter 2

Marinas POV
Mom gave us a stern look and told us to follow her. We swam into the meeting room in the palace. We sat down and Luna took all of the cheeses and shoved them in her mouth. Mom cleared her voice and began to talk.
Mom: girls I need to warn you about something
Me: what is it mom
Mom: about a month ago you know how they pushed the deal on mermaids.
Luna: yes.. We have been in hiding mom don't worry!
Mom: no it's not only that. Right before that month a mermaid prisoner escaped.
Me: I'm sorry mom but what does that-
Mom: girls let me finish!! She hated being a mermaid. She wanted to live on land. She had a potion for turning her human. She could of showed herself before but we put her in jail. When she escaped she didn't have time to take pictures she found where we were hiding the potion and she used it. But the thing is we scanned that potion. It has residuals of the evil's power.
Me: you mean-
Mom: she has black magic. However I believe her intentions are to find you girls and expose you.
Luna: mom why would she want us?
Mom: because that girl was your cousin and if you never showed up..she would of been princess now she wants revenge on you

Luna's POV
I started to connect a few things. So she was suppose to be the princess and now that we have returned she won't be a princess. And now that she won't be a princess she wants revenge. And one thing that will really make us not return in by exposing our secret.
Mom: and guarantee this girl will be someone in your school who will want to get to know you. Be careful

After the long serious talk we began to have fun. We shopped and mom showed us underwater accessories that can be fashionably on land. It was a starfish head band and seashell bracelet that was beautiful. She bought us a camera that can be used underwater in Merville and also on land

Marinas POV
Before we knew it, it was Sunday night. We both swam up to land to get our bags. We grabbed it and ran to our houses. I walked into mine and the first thing I saw was Roxy she ran up to me and hugged me, and you know what was on her hands chocolate.... And you know what I was wearing white shorts. I got angry I loved these white shorts! "Roxy!!!!!" I yelled. It scared Roxy so much she fell backwards. Her brown hair falling in a mess. She was wearing a small dress with chocolate stains on it. She looked at me and ran away. Step mom saw her and walked right up to me.
Step mom: young lady where have you been?
Me: out with my friends
Stepmom: for the whole weekend? You missed Roxy's small dance performance she made up. She was very sad
Me: so what? I don't care about Roxy or you!
Stepmom: young lady you do not talk to me like that
Me: WHY?
I got super mad I had to get my powers under control or this whole house will go down in flames
Me: you are not my mother and because you are not my REAL mother Roxy is not my real sister. That means that I don't have to care about you or her.
Dad than walked in and guess what, he took her side and he knew where I was. I stormed up to my room angry. I need to use my powers or I will explode. I used my light power as soon as I closed the door. I felt the sun power go up to my fingertips as I let my anger overcome me. Than just like that Boom.
Light flooded my room and if anybody else was here they would be getting a lot of vitamin D and they would of been blind. I sat down on the floor. I would never hurt my stepmom or Roxy, I just wish they would understand me.
I fell asleep on the floor soon. I was awoken by the sound of my dads voice. He walked in and shook me a little just to wake me up.
Dad: sweetie wake up
Me: ugh what do you want dad.
Dad: you upsetted your mom last night
Me: you mean stepmom
Dad: yes you need to take in account of her feelings.

Really? I need to take account of her feelings? My anger came back to me. I got up and swung my arms to make him back away from me. I screamed and my fingertips was a small light. Not bright enough to blind him but still bright.
Me: take account of my feelings! *gulp you know I'm not even gonna talk about it yet I am getting ready for school.
Dad walked out slowly. I hate seeing him sad but. I just need to tell him how I feel. I just got dressed I didn't even care about what I wore. I wore a high low and put my hair in a high ponytail. I grabbed my bag an my flats and walked downstairs. Stepmom was muttering to my dad. No one talked to me as I was leaving. Except for Roxy. She ran up to me with an "I'm sorry" letter. I grabbed it out of her hands and walked not saying a word to her. I was so mad I burned the letter in my hands.

Soon we were in school walking. I walked up to my locker and opened it and grabbed my books. Right when I closed my locker I heard a gasp and a bunch of thuds and laughter. Down the hall was a girl with her blonde hair up in a bun and a boeuf long sleeve shirt with long jeans and flats. She looked around at all the people pointing and laughing. She looked helpless. Her cheeks turned red as she bent down really fast and picked up all her books. She got up and began to walk down the hall right pass us. I felt bad but the ringing of the bell broke me out of my thoughts.