Shards Chapter 12

Luna's POV

We saw Aqua laying down on the beach. We got confused. Aqua stood up right before the waves crashed down on her. She grabbed her bag and walked away. We waited for a few moments before we swam up to shore. Marina dried us off right when we heard bushes rustling. Aqua walked back. She was using her hand to try to make the smoke stay away. She was caughing and looked at us. Her eyed widened. 

Aqua: But-How? Did you? Where did you go?

Me: I think you know exactly where we went. 

Aqua: No! I dont know

Marina: (whispering) maybe she isnt our cousin

Me: Marina please cant you tell she is faking it

Aqua: Faking what?

Me: Now I need you to hand us the pictures you took

Aqua: What? No!

I felt ice form at my hands. The beach got darker as I got angrier. 

Aqua: You know what? I am going to leave now. I thought that we could become friends, best friends. I have never had friends before. But I will give you a second chance because thats the person i am but just, not now. 

Aqua walked away and I walked to grab our bag. We walked to Marina's house and clumsly walked in. I could feel the tension as soon as we walked in. Her step-mom,Dad, and Roxy was sitting down on the couch together. I took a step closer and looked at what they were watching. Oh-no. I tried to block Marina from seeing what they were watching. She took a step closer and saw what they were watching. The words on the screen ringing through the air. 

Marina's POV

I looked at my old "family". They arent even in the category as my family because of what I saw and heard on the tv. It was Roxy's 5th birthday. I dont even go to her birthday parties but for this one I had a good excuse. I had to go to merville to celebrate mom's crowning anniversary celebration. There was a huge balloon and my uncle.frank was walking around with a camera. He walked in to a conversation my stepmom and dad were having. My dad said "I dont know anymore, Marina is a pain. I just now want to make things right with Roxy." I was so sad. Tearss formed in my eyes. Luna didnt want to go. I told her to leave I dont want to her to see me like this, but she refused to. My parents still didnt know I was there. I spotted Roxy's doll head that I problably kicked that one afternoon I got mad. I threw it at my stepmom. She screamed and than Roxy. They all looked over at me and dad paled. 

Me: So that's how you think of me? A pain in the butt?

Dad: No Roxy, I mean Marina, sweetie

Me: Did you hear that, Luna did you hear that. ( I saw Marina nod her mad face showing) You cant even remember my name! 

Dad: Its just that I have been hanging around Roxy a lot. 

Me: So you admit to that. 

Dad: Honey, I

Me: You know those tickets to the Binge show, do you remember that dad our favorite show?

Dad: Yea

Me: Dad we were supposed to go last week! But did you forget? I think its awesome how you can remember all the tickets for shows you go to with Roxy.

Luna: Yea Marina was real excited about the Binge show, she cried the day you forgot

Stepmom: BE quiet Luna! Why are you still here!

Me: Shut up! She is my sister!

Step mom had a mad look on her face and turned to dad. I smirked at dad. "Bye Father, if you still even want to be my Father" I said. I wiped a tear away and turned to go upstairs when Luna grabbed my hand. "No you shouldnt be in this HATERED HOUSE ( Luna saying the last part extra loudly), lets go to my house" and with that we walked out with stepmom yelling at dad.

Luna's POV

Marina really hates her stepmom and stepsister. And how DARE her dad say that about her. We reached my house and I gave her a big hug. I told her to wait in my room. I grabbed a bowl of chocolate icecream and her favorite movie and ran upstairs. Marina was sitting on the floor in a meditating way. I let out a small laugh. "Are you meditating" I said. "When I get mad like that I need to control my powers because I do not want to burn your house down." said Marina. "Well I know what will make you feel better! Chocolate Icecream!" I handed her the bowl of frozen chocolate icecream. Her eyes lit up but as soon as she touched the bowl and sat on my bed her icecream has melted. She tilted her head down and said oh. " See what I mean I just melted this delicious bowl of icecream,Im an icecream killer" she said. I laughed a little and put the DVD in. I grabbed her bowl of melted icecream and held my hand over it. Small snowflakes landed on the icecream as it puffed up and became a beautiful chocolate icecream. Marina's eyes lit up as she grabbed the icecream and scarfed it down, this time it didnt melt. When she was done she walked over to my window and sighed. 

Marina: Why is this happening now? I thought we killed the evils.

Me: Yeah me too. 

Marina: Its just that why doesnt Aqua make her move now? 

Me: I know right she has her proof what is she waiting for?

Marina's POV

I turned around right in time to see our beach bag collapse onto the floor. Our towels and stuff fell out in a heaping mess. We ran over to pick it up. We placed the towels, and clothes on the bed and than something caught my eye. Next to the fallen bag was something black. I asked for tweezers so that I dont smash it. It looked fragile. Luna handed me tweezers and I picked up the item, it was a piece of black fabric. My heart relaxed when I realized this could be from anything. I threw it away and sat down. False alarm. We watched the movie when Luna's window broke. We screamed as a ray of black shards, sharp black shards were braking through the window. We were screaming and backed up against the wall. Than they stopped. We took a deep breath. And than the last black shard came. It was huge it flew through the window and landed on the bed. We heard bushes rustling outside. Luna ran over to the window. I looked at the black shard. It had a note.

"Hand over your crown or die"