Cops Chapter 26

Marinas POV
I got so angry I walked into the kitchen where dad was happily sitting drinking his coffee. I grabbed his hand and dragged him to where mom was taking on the phone. She repeated her last sentence. I looked at dad and I could tell he was angry. He walked up to mom and began to talk to her. Almost in a yelling manner they were arguing. Dad hung up the phone and yelled at mom. But all of a sudden she began to hug him to make him feel unmad at her. I can't believe it worked. Than I got angry. How can dad be so soft! I walked up "Both of you sit down" dad walked over to the couch and stepmom stood there stunned "NOW" I said. When she didn't move I got even more angry. I made fire with my hands and pointed to the couch. Stepmom took off running to the couch. I started pacing in. Front of them

Me: why would you do that I thought we were beginning to get closer
Stepmom: honey your a mermaid and I had to tell somebody, you agree don't you honey?
Dad: absolutely not you just put my daughter in danger
Stepmom: our daughter.
Dad: no my daughter
Me: steppie listen, a long time ago people discovered two mermaids. They killed one and my mom rescued the other one. We can't be discovered I thought that if we can stay hidden they will not suspect us you blew it and you out our lives in danger!
I saw moms realization hit her. It s like someone's smacking her in the face. Her eyes grew wide and her lips quavered. "I'm sorry" she said. I got bolder "it's too late now we have to face them and our cousin now because of you, and now you risk everyone in this household".
I walked when Roxy ran up to me and hugged me. Her little face was scared. She had a glass of water in her hand and when she hugged me the water spilled on my leg. I smiled and giggled as I fell back and the light came on. I could hear Roxy's gasp if delight. Than the light came off to reveal my red tail. And than my tiara shimmered on my head. Roxy came next to me and sat down. She hugged me and touched my tail. Than she stared at my tiara. She smiled and giggled. I used my heat to make the tail go away. "Smoke smoke!!" Said Roxy. I stood up and made light rays come out of my hands. Out of no where Luna ran into the room. Roxy saw her and said"do the magic!" Luna smiled broadly and pushed her curly hair out of her face. She lifted her hands up in the air and a flurry of snow came down. Roxy smiled and ran around in the snow. Dad was happy and mom excused herself from the room, her face red and covered in tears. "What happened here?" Said Luna. I took her wrist and took her into my room.
Me: we have a situation
Luna: what?
Me: stepmom told the news people that we were the mermaids. She gave an address and everything
Luna: what?!
Me: we need to do something but I can't think of anything.

We walked downstairs stepmom was down there again. She tried to smile but I didn't smile back. Luna was super mad. Roxy came up to us but I just couldn't resist. "Why don't we play with Roxy to cheer us up." Said Luna. Luna made piles of snow and we all made snowangels. We pushed the couch back and I made small fireworks. We ended up having a snowball fight and when it started to melt I evaporated it all and opened the windows and turned on the fan so the steam can leave the house. Than Luna made an ice platform and I used intense heat to lift us off the ground(almost like gasoline I have sort of been practicing) Roxy looked at us in amazement. Luna made snow again we were giggling and giggling till the doorbell rang. I melted the snow but than it turned into water. We flopped down and I evaporated the water in seconds. We had our legs back. I picked up Roxy and stepmom opened the door. Outside was 3 cop cars.
Stepmom: yes officer?
Officer: you made a call earlier today about the mermaids?
Stepmom: yes but it was a mistake I mean they c-can't be here
Officer: no you are mistaken because of your call we searched up your family and the pictures from the car crash matched up. So if you haven't called we never would of found them so thank you.
Dad: so what do you want with them
Officer: we will take them to court we want to run some simple tests of course but we want to see some real evidence first and determine weather they are bad or good. So we will take them away. You will come to of course.

Roxy hung on to me as I put her down. We all ran upstairs and I got dressed and Roxy got dressed. As we walked down we got into our car and the three cop cars surrounded us as if we were the president. There was a silence in the car but I can feel we were all mad at stepmom. Including Roxy who was holding my hand in the car.