Phone call Chapter 6

Marinas POV
My heart sped up. Aqua stood there and glared down at us with a smile that made me want to run. She leaned in closer and smirked. Her minty gum breath breathing on my face. She knows my secret? "You like Nick". She said blandly and giggled. My head was still spinning. "W-what?" I asked. My heart slowing down and my breathing back to normal. "Don't try to deny it, as soon as he began talking to you, you got nervous and ran away" said Aqua. I nodded my head slowly which was making me wonder if I should even tell her who I like.
Aqua: don't worry I won't tell anyone
Luna: you better not she is very shy.

Aqua smiled and began to walk away and there behind her was the blonde girl who was Luna's friend. And technically my friend. I still haven't learned her name. "Lilly can you help us up". Oh that's her name Lilly. I wonder how long she has been standing there. Did she see anything? She nodded her head and she gave a small smile. Her messy hair up in a bun. She walked over and helped us up. Soon the bell rang and we dashed into class. Nick was by the door holding my bag. He handed it to me and gave me a small smile that melted my heart. "I'm really sorry about my water spilling on you." He said quietly. I could feel excessive heat radiating from his body, weird is he nervous. I won't beat him up. I gave a small smile and told him it was okay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me and Luna were walking around just talking about our suspicions on Aqua. She keeps giving hints off everyday. Even today her smile was mysterious. What's her secret? Does she know we are mermaid? Is she trying to befriend us just to destroy our secret. Everyone was outside eating and playing no one like to eat in the halls anymore. We both froze in our tracks. The hair on the back of my neck stood up. Someone else was here. We turned around slowly. Someone in a black sweater and black pants were down the hall. Their back was to us. My heart sped up, this is them I could feel the evil the mystery. Me and Luna looked at the person unsure if we should walk up to them and just discover who this person is or to just follow them. Soon the person snapped their head up and looked around. They soon ran down the hall. Me and Luna were hesitant. "Follow her" Luna whispered fiercely. We stalled for a long time so we had to find them. We know they are somewhere in the school. We dashed after the direction. It took us a while to find where they went.

Luna's POV
We were looking around the area and soon we saw a shadow. The person was standing. We were near the stairs and we heard the person talking. We leaned closer being more quiet. We tried to identify the voice. My heart sank it was Aqua. Me and Marina looked at each other. Nervous my heart was beating fast. She was talking on the phone it sounds like. "Don't worry I don't think they know. Don't worry they won't find out. I will unleash their secret to everybody! I will just need the proof of their secret" said Aqua into the phone. I ran through what she said through my mind. Than fear, she just needs our proof. Me and Marina looked at each other we were shaking. Than Aqua slammed her phone shut and was pacing. I looked behind the corner my heart racing if she sees us she will use her dark magic on us. Than I thought in my mind she can kill us with her dark magic if she doesn't become princess of Merville! I slowly looked around the corner I saw Aqua she was standing tall and had black pants on, she wore a red shirt and her hair was on a high ponytail. Wait wasn't she wearing a skirt thing earlier? Why would she change? But than I saw something that made me know she was our cousin. In her hands was a black black jacket, I observed her hair closely. It was frizzy as if she just took the jacket off. A diva like her would die if her hair was crazy, frizzy like that during school! I tapped Marina and mouthed "look". She peeked around the corner and her face went pale she saw the jacket and the hair. She put her hand over her mouth and leaned against the wall. Soon Aqua stormed down the steps. We walked hesitantly to the top of the stairs. Aqua was still storming down muttering. We stayed there for a few moments letting the information sink in. "We need to tell mom what our evidence is so far". Marina spoke first. I nodded. We stood there. When all of a sudden: crrreeeaaaccckkkkk. Me and Marina jumped and dashed around. Behind us the old old bathroom door was opening and Lilly walked our. She was looking down. Her blonde hair a mess on her head and her black sweatshirt sagging on her. She looked up at us and her eyes grew wide and her mouth formed a straight line. There was an unreadable expression on her face. I think she is just real shy. Than she just smiled and said a soft "hi". She than walked away really fast. Me and Marina shrugged and dashed down the halls. We had to write down everything Aqua was saying on her phone. We need to remember.

Authors note: hey guys I hope you are enjoying the book so far! Please comment what you think, and vote! Sorry I didn't write a chapter in a while it was christmas and New Years! So also comment below on who you think is their evil cousin trying to expose them? I would love to see your predictions! Okay bye thanks for reading!