Thanks anomynous! Chapter 17

Luna's POV
Every since yesterday's interview I have had weird dreams. The shards,the black figure running through the woods. I woke up and got ready for school. As I was walking a lot of news cars were passing by. I walked into school and was greeted by a whole crowd of students. They were all asking about supernatural abilities. I shoved my way through the crowd and saw Marina hiding behind the lockers. She walked out and walked real fast towards me. "Did the crowd ask you a lot?" She asked
Me: yeah
Marina: well your lucky, they didn't leave me alone
Me: because they think your soft
Marina: well if they see me exploding fire powers all over the place they would think differently.

We both laughed and walked away to our first period of the day. When it was science it was awkward. The science teacher was staring at us along with all the other students. Marina being the goody-two shoes didn't say anything. She just looked down. However I was bold enough to say something. "Can I help you?" "Oh nothing nothing" said the teacher. "Actually" Aqua stood up and walked toward us. Her heels click click clicking on the ground. I couldn't help but role my eyes at her.
Aqua: why was the news reporter at your house?
Me: they thought that the ice from the trees was on my window?
Aqua: and was it?
Me: well if you actually watch the news instead of focus on your makeup for high school you would know the answer to your question.
Class: oooohhhhhh
Me: but if you must know, no
Aqua: but do you have supernatural abilities?
She winked at us and walked away. As soon as she sat down the news report came on. Everyone fell silent and looked at the screen. Which was now turned off.
~~~~~~~~~Later~~~~~~~~~~

Marinas POV
After school me and Luna was walking home. I had a phone call from my dad. I picked up and said "hello"
Daddy: is Luna with you
Me: um no why?
Daddy: I need you girls to come over here NOW

I hung up we were only a block away. We burst through the door and ran to my dad. Dad had video taped a recent news cast. "Watch this" he said. We quietly looked up at the screen. The news logo came up and than it was hit by fire and ice as if it exploded. The title was than News Supernatural. I was wide eyed and so was Luna. Our favorite news cast Samantha came on. Luna handed me an empty pack of popcorn. Our eyes glued on the screen as I use my heat power to pop the popcorn. We both ate as the news lead to so,etching in a lab. Samantha takes on. "We have recently received more information from an anonymous person. They placed a picture of this. Me and Luna screamed. On the screen showed a picture of our tails, it cut off the bottom and the head portion on the picture. It showed bits of our hair and our bra down to our tails. It cut off the fins. We were so nervous that I burned the popcorn and it began to snow a little. I than burned all the snow. But of course snow=water. We fell down on the rug as the light came up and our tails transformed and our crowns shimmering at the top. We looked at the picture on the screen. It was identical. Samantha kept on talking. "We got a close up look on this picture, this is not fake people it looks like their legs were sewed together or something with a pop of color. Personally my idea was mermaid but we need more proof. But this is one step into discovering this mystery. Thanks anonymous!" Me and Luna looked at each other. We were shaking because we were scared. I felt like I was loosing my controls of my powers. I used my heat as much as I could to take the tails off.
We need to get to Merville now!