26. House of Dicks - Literally

26.

When we arrived in Spain, no one was amazed by the ancient buildings or the beautiful view.

"Where are we going to meet the others, where will the war be?"

"Right here," someone answered.

"Here, in the middle of the streets?" We look around at the people going about their everyday business; children running after each other, women shopping, bakers baking.

Everyone seems so happy.

The flight was around 10 and half hours. Did anyone notice the major income of flights and people?

"So what do we do now? It's a quarter to 5. The fight should be setting at around 8 O'clock. I say we eat and rest. It's not like we can do much else."

My friends and I all stayed huddled together, we ordered food and ate watching the people live their safe and normal lives.

"Will they notice the war that going to be going on?" Avani asked.

"Their mind will conjure plausible connotations for the actions they see."

"Wow Chris, that was so smart."

He blushed and smiled.

Before we knew it, it was 8 pm. We have met all the other fighters a mix of every species, both boys and girls. The youngest fighters we have are 15, which I think is way too young, but even the Royals of each supernatural are fighting.

We all turn towards west to watch the sun set, one last time?

I hugged each of my friends in a death grip, which they returned. When I turned to Emery, we he wore a stone expression, the one each fighter wore.

"Promise me something Emery," I whispered.

"Anything."

"Don't protect me."

"Anything but that."

"No, you need to fight and pay attention, we'll have each others back I promise, but don't try to shield every blow meant for me.

They know I'm your weak point; they will take advantage of that. But you've seen me fight, I am good now. Really good. You have to trust me. Please don't protect me."

He nodded once, "But you must promise me something in return."

"Anything."

"Marry me."

"What?" Is he serious?

"Marry me." He repeated, going down on one knee.

I hate attention, oh no, people are looking.

"Emery, please get up."

"Not until you say yes."

Could I do it? Marry him? I love him, I know I do. But I'm just eighteen, are we ready for marriage? I haven't even graduated from high school yet.

I take a deep breath, my answer on my tongue. Yes, everyone knows I will say yes. I want to, but I won't.

"Survive, first we both survive, and then I will tell you my answer."

I couldn't look at him, or anyone else. I didn't reject him, I just didn't say yes. We both need to survive this damn war first. At least it will give him something to look forwards to. I hope.

I walked away, bent on being alone for the final moments, but Avani, Jaci, and the Princesses followed. I have to say, I'm glad they did.

"Don't worry, you love him. And that he already knows." Avani said, putting a comforting hand on my back.