9. House of Dicks - Literally

9.

I was dozing in and out of sleep the whole way; and about 40 minutes later we arrive home.

"V iyour staying with us right?"

"Yeah my stuff is already inside. Thanks Helta"

We all piled out and Emery grabbed my bags and his, I went to unlock the door and noticed we were not alone.

There were a couple of maids and butlers, some I recognized others I didn't.

"Hello dear! How is everything?" Mimi was like my grandmother, always baking a fresh batch of cookies.

"Hey Mimi! I've missed you, who are these new people?"

"They are just cleaning up the place; they come once a week to dust and things. I am getting too old to do that now" she smiled and I could see years of laugh lines showing around her eyes and mouth.

"Mimi, come on what are you 20? 25?" I asked laughing knowing fully well she was older.

"Honey, that's my grandson's age! Avi, sweetie I didn't see you there, come here!" she smiled and gave Avi a tight squeeze.

I looked up to see Mimi had tears in her eyes, "I guess you know?" I said barley above a whisper.

"Come here girls, I'm so sorry, I miss him so much!" we all just cried together as the boys stood awkwardly behind us.

I put my arms downs and grabbed Emery's hand while Caleb moved to stand close to Avi. Mimi looked at us raising an eyebrow.

"And who is this?"

"Emery Ma'am; I am Fire's boyfriend" now it was my turn to raise my eyebrow.

"Oh? Is that so?"

"Yes" he said and put his arm firmly on my waist drawing me closer to him. I smiled to myself,

"And you are?" she asked Caleb who was standing too close to Avi to be called friends.

Caleb just stared not know what to say, when Avi grabbed his hand, "He's my boyfriend"

We all looked shocked, but happy; we knew it was going to happen eventually. I smiled and looked at them both blushing, it might as well be part of their skin, and they always seem to be blushing around me each other.

"Mimi, that's Caleb, behind me are Asher, Landon, Chris and Raven, there my friends from school. They'll be staying with us here. Boys, and Avi, go pick your room, expect my parents, mine and uh, Derek's"

We all made our way upstairs; the boys calling dibs on their choice.

Emery and I walked to my room in silence. When we got there I shut my door out of habit, I hate it when it's open. I walked over to my desk where a huge corkboard was hanging with pictures and memories from my life. I looked at the one with me Derek and Avi on my 16th birthday, then at one with just me and Derek when he taught me to ride a bike. I didn't realize I was crying till Emery hugged me from behind wiping the tears off my face.

"Don't be sad baby, he wouldn't want it. I can't say everything will be alright, because I know it won't. I'm not going to tell you to forget him, because I wouldn't want that. I am just going to tell you to keep going. Don't let this stop your life, just live it with the reminder of Derek always being there"

No other person could have made me feel the way Emery did right now. I was bursting with sadness and love; I didn't know what to say. I just turned around and gave him the softest kiss on his lips. He didn't seem inclined to let me go. He kissed me harder as I wrapped my legs around his waist as he carried me to my bed.