23. House of Dicks - Literally

23.

"Serafina you need to eat." It wasn't a statement, or a question, but an order.

I ignored it, just as I have been doing the past three weeks.

Staring aimlessly at my best friends bodies laying on two very uncomfortable looking beds, the nurse came in, reloading the IV for Avani and some other type of drug for Caleb. They would use Caleb's blood, but since he is in the same situation, he needs it to recover himself.

We were in some healing house, hospital, or infirmary, what ever you want to call it. I haven't eaten, showered or slept; unless Emery forcefully did those actions to me.

It didn't end well.

Immediately after they collapsed, Chris transported both of them back to school. I feel numb, empty. Everyone around me dies.

My parents? Well they might as well be dead.

After we checked out of the hotel, I packed both Caleb's and Avani's items, we headed straight home.

I used to be a simple teenager, gossiping about celebrities, crushing on boys. My biggest problem was getting that A on my math test.

Now my biggest problem is saving my friends, then the world. A little too much pressure of a seventeen year old if you ask me.

Emery gave up trying to get me to eat, I already lost 15.5 lbs, and I'm getting slimmer.

I work through school, but I don't know what I'm learning. They placed an extra bed and desk for me. I live in here as well.

All the boys looked at each other, no doubt having an internal conversation, when Emery whispered to me. "I'm sorry."

It was different, his tone.

I looked up and saw a woman dressed all in white, the nurse, carrying a really ugly looking needle.

"What are you doing?" I whispered, shocked.

"You need to rest; it will only make your sleep." He reasoned.

I felt someone's arms holding mine; I twisted and noticed Raven holding me, numbly, with sorrow in his eyes.

"I'm sorry."

"What? No! You can't do this!" I screamed, tears streaming.

Why aren't my powers working?!

We brought a friend; his power is to immune all other gifts. No one can use anything unless he, in a way 'shuts it off'.

I looked over to see a young boy, frightened by my actions, hiding in the doorway.

"You can't do that to me! Chris? Landon! Someone help! Please don't do this!"

I yelled again, my voice getting hoarse.

I was kicking and thrashing, screaming and clawing. Raven didn't let up, in fact, the more I moved, the tighter he held on.

The boys looked away; they all had tears in their eyes. Emery gave a curt nod to the nurse and she quickly stuck the needle into the base of my neck.

I still cried, I still yelled. With the very last breath I mumbled, "I will not forgive you."

And I was covered in blackness.

This getting 'knocking out' thing is really starting to make me hate the night.

I awoke what felt like hours later. I felt horrible. Not for screaming, I had every right to, I mean physically and mentally, horrible.