10. House of Dicks - Literally

10.

"So that's why it looks like you had a bad waxing?" She asked Emery

"Hey! I think they turned out pretty good!" What!

"Hello!" I screamed jumping up, I just spent the last hour and a half explaining what happened in my life the past two months, and all she says is 'that's why it looks like you had a bad waxing'!

Maybe she's in denial.

"I know what you're thinking Fi, I'm not in denial, I understand now, everything makes sense, why you went in the first place, and how've you changed"

"How have I changed?" I asked sitting back down, I didn't realize I stood.

"You're more mature, not that you weren't before, but now you carry the weight of responsibility, knowledge, power. You understand your fate; you have your free will. The choice to walk away, but you chose to stay. Either for Emery or the power, I don't know but you stayed. And that proves a lot Serafina, it proves your strength and most importantly it proves your love"

I was shocked, I don't think I have ever heard her speak so wisely, so serious. I didn't know what to say, instead I got up and pulled her into the biggest hug, I found my self tearing and they slowly fell on her shoulder.

She started laughing and whispered in my ear; "we better stop before these boys get any ideas" I laughed and wiped my eyes and sat back down with Emery.

"Aw! We were enjoying the show!" whined Landon

I shook my head and threw a piece of crust at him, "I'll be right back!" I jumped again, ignoring Emery's protest and ran to the liquor cabinet. I got out 8 shot glasses and grabbed a bottle of vodka and ran back to them.

I passed them each a shot and poured more then necessary.

"I would like to purpose a toast; to Derek!" I yelled

"To love" Emery said kissing my neck

"To trust" said Asher, looking at Emery then to me

"To surviving!" yelled Chris

"To laughter" laughed Raven

"To the future" smiled Avi

"To memories" said Landon

"To Life!" concluded Caleb

"Bottoms up!" I yelled and we all gulped our shot in seconds flat.

After that we talked about memories, mainly about Derek. Then something crossed my mind.

"Guys, sorry if it ruins the moment and all, but I was just thinking about something" I said, avoiding everyone's eyes.

"How do you know if the person if your true soul mate? What happens if Avi just happened to have woken up at the moment Caleb kissed her, how do you know if it's true love?" I asked finally looking at Avi in the eyes.

"Well for you and me, you're my soul mate because the prophecy says so, and as for everyone else, you just know. What you felt, what I felt, the moment we saw each other - "

"Was hate" I said pure and simply, yea I thought he was hot, yea my heart was beating way to fast to be healthy, but the second he opened his mouth, I was just, uh, dick!

"Hate was a cover up for what we were feeling; I hated you because I know I didn't have a choice in what was happening, or going to happen. Not like you had much either. But I hated you for taking away my freedom, and no I'm not a playboy or whatever, but I was 'free'. And then you came prancing in, and it was just ruined. But then when you spoke, when you said 'why are we all so hot?'" he said laughing but kept his gaze on me "I knew I loved you, I was just a dick because I was in denial. And as for knowing well, I guess you could say the 'bond' is sealed, when we, well... you ... and me... uh... make love?" The first part was full of confidence but when it came to the end he stuttered.