22. House of Dicks - Literally

22.

After tossing and turning the entire day, I fell into unconsciousness at random intervals.

I had a weird taste in my mouth; it wasn't from the alcohol, more from eating a bad candy.

It was probably from the water on my bedside table. When I woke up, I was alone in my bed with a glass of water next to me. I figured Fire put it there for me.

I chugged it down in one gulped, I felt as if I haven't drunk for days. My body is continuing to perspire; I am now in nothing but a pair of shorts. Satisfied that my thirst was clenched, grabbing the cup I went to the living room.

I saw everyone was up, hype for a fight and eating the breakfast courtesy of room service.

"Thanks for leaving the water there Fire; I was so thirsty when I woke up." I said, putting down the glass.

She gave me a confused look, "I didn't leave you any water?" I looked to the guys, Asher still missing, and they all shook their heads no.

"Maybe I slept walked and got it myself." I said with a shrug, though I honestly can't remember moving.

I sat down and we all ate, everyone still talking about the fight. I looked at the beeping numbers on above the TV, 7:01 pm, blinked out in flashing green lights.

"4 hours and 59 minutes." I mumbled. Everyone quieted down, staring at me.

Will we succeed?

Avani

That hot feeling I felt seemed to have made its way into my body. I was sweating like crazy and my throat was dry. My breathing was coming in short gasps. I felt like I was suffocating, my lungs threatening to close on me entirely.

The intensity of the heat caused my vision to blur, the black dots before my eyes becoming more and more prominent.

How much longer will I feel like this, suffocating, slowly?

I want to just close my eyes, sleep. But something, or rather one, is telling me to keep them open. What ever I do, do not sleep; I may not ever wake up again.

Do I want that? At least it would be less painful. The physical pain to start with, but also emotionally.

I won't have to see Caleb running off into the sunset with some supernaturally pretty girl. Live alone, die alone.

But could I? Die that is; never seeing Fina laugh, shooting fire from her finger tips. The boys I've grown to love; my mom, sister. Could I leave it all behind?

No.

I know Caleb is coming for me, I can feel it. I don't know how, but I do.

I love you Caleb. I whispered in my mind, it is much too painful to speak out loud; even if I do not have much of a voice.

Caleb

I love you Caleb. Avani whispered.

My head jerked up in surprise. Everyone was around getting ready. I felt weak, which is not good; however my adrenaline is pumping; keeping me strong and aware.

"Did you hear that?" I asked anybody.

"Hear what?" Raven asked, strapping on some blades. I roll my eyes, were not going to war (yet), he could kill the humans without even shifting.

I shook my head, "I thought I heard something," I mumbled.

"What?" Fire asked.

"What?" I asked.