17. House of Dicks - Literally

17.

We drove for hours, civilization long gone. I didn't exactly know where we were going, only that we're in still in Ontario, I think.

We haven't spoken the entire way, but Avi insisted on playing all my love and heartbreak songs on my I-pod, as I tried changing the song, she bit me.

"Are you hungry?" She just nods and continues to sing, my stomach will start eating itself if it didn't get any food.

I drive to the gas station where a Wendy's and McDonalds are attached, "which one?"

"Mickie D's".

I parked the car and we both stepped out, the harsh wind blew and I wrapped my sweater tighter around me, I was still in the clothes from the cabin.

"Hi, welcome to McDonalds what can I get you?" the young women said, she looked bored, as if she rather be anywhere but here, don't blame her either.

"Two double big Mac combos with one diet coke no ice and one Nestlé, please".

"I want a McFlurry,"

"We'll get one after dinner or it'll melt."

We got our meals and sat at the table furthest from everyone, not that there were much people here anyways. It was past 1 am and the place was deserted except for the random truckers.

"You look like shit," I didn't mean to be so blunt or rude but its true, she had on my black sweater with the hood pulled up and a pair of grey sweatpants, you can still see the streaks of make-up and dried tears.

She snorted but smiled, "thanks".

"Eh! I saw that, you smiled," I said with a mouth full of burger, "oh shit, I forgot my-"

"Plum sauce? Got it,"

"You know me to well". I smiled and grabbed it, ketchup gross, plum sauce, yum!

"How are you doing?" I asked, she stopped crying for about an hour so far, but I'm still worried.

"No more tears, but I just don't get it! I love him, so G-d damns much! And I know he does too, I can see it and so can everyone else. He will be the only man I will ever love," she said, though surprisingly no fresh tears, "and that's why I'm going to let him go," she breathed.

My mouth fell open, burger and fries falling out, and I didn't care. "What! How can you let him go! No, that's not right! You have to fight!" I yelled, it can't be over!

"Fight! Fight! No, okay, we had sex and nothing happened! I mean, yeah the sex was shit, the best I'll ever had, but 'IT' didn't happen. I'm not his soul mate Serafina and there's nothing anyone can do about it!" she yelled back, I was about to respond, but my phone rang.

"This isn't over," I said and answered.

"Hello?"

"Fire?"

"Yeah Chris?"

"Where are you?"

"Um, I don't know, I kind of just drove and, one sec," I put my hand over the phone and went up to the cash lady, "Hi where are we?"

She gave me a weird look, "London..."

I put the phone back to my ear, "London, it's about 2-3 hours from home, why?"

"What the hell are you doing in London?" he yelled, wow, I don't even think my mom would have acted that badly.

"I just said, I didn't know where we were headed, I don't even know the directions, we got in the car and drove."