•34•

•Ryder's POV•

"Absolutely not!" I growl and step in front of Mara in a defensive manner.

Cam shrugs, "Fine, Torah?" He looks to her.

She smirks and moves to suffocate Mandy.

"Wait!" Mara screams.

Cam holds up his hand to Torah and she rolls her eyes as she loosens her grip a little.

I turn to look at Mara.

"You're not going to kill her." She says, her voice strong.

Cam laughs, "And why not."

"Because I said so." She replies.

"Aw, I don't have to take orders from you. You're nothing but a weak little human." He replies.

In a flash, Mara is in front of him with her hand clasped around his neck. The smirk completely wiped off his face now.

I step forward but pause when I hear her speak.

"You've hurt everything I care about Cam. My friends, my family, my mate. You think you're just the most unstoppable thing ever, making people's lives hell and getting revenge on something you did." She sneers.

Cam gasps, "Y-your eyes."

I know that Snow is starting to take control just from the sound of Mara's voice, but now her eyes are starting to change and that's bad.

"Don't you have anything to say Cam?" She asks.

He just smirks again, which vanishes soon after Mara tightens her grip on his neck.

"I regret nothing." He replies.

"Not even killing Claire?" She asks.

His face shows pure anger as he blows air out of his nose.

"I mean, you obviously care about her. Or should I say, cared?" She cocks her head.

Before I can even see what's happening Cam twists her around and holds her arm behind her back in a painful position, the crowd around us gasps.

"You say one more thing about her and I will kill you." He says harshly.

"What's stopping you then?" Mara cringes in pain.

I shake from seeing her in pain, my hands ball into fists and I start approaching them.

"Because I need you Mara, you're perfect for me." He replies.

"Get you're hands off my mate now." I demand, getting very close now.

Cam looks up and me and smirks, "As we speak Alpha, I have a giant pack of rouges surrounding us right now, make one bad move and they attack."

I try to mind-link Mara, but I can't get through.

"Wondering why you can't mind-link?" Cam asks.

"I knew you had something to do with it!" I growl.

He chuckles, "I have my ways. Now, I hate to be a party pooper, but I must be off."

"You're not going anywhere with her." I feel Caleb take control.

"Follow me and she dies. Goodbye Ryder." He smirks and starts to turn around.

I catch Mara's eye and she changes her eye colour to her tiger ones, giving me a nod. I pick it up as a silent message. She has an advantage that Cam will never see coming, she wants me to trust her and that's exactly what I'm going to do.