•43•

•James's POV (Hunter)•

It didn't take me long to find Ryan. I made sure to attach a tracking device to the dog tag he always wears.

Ever since Ryan started questioning me more and more about why I was so keen to kill this tiger, I knew I had to watch his step.

It's true; Ryan isn't really my son. But he's Karen's son, Ryan's mum, and I've brought him up like my own blood.

I stop and keep a safe distance away when I see him, he's at a house and talking to a girl. I squint, for some reason she looks very familiar.

Another guy comes up, looking quite territorial.

I can't hear what they're saying, so I go a little closer and hear the girl speak.

"Well at least he had the balls to tell me what was going on!" She says to the other guy, while pointing to Ryan.

"Don't you see? I was waiting until the ceremony was over so that you wouldn't have it on your mind!" The guys replies.

Did they get married or something?

She groans and then spins around and goes into the house, leaving the door open.

Ryan makes a move to enter but the other guy stops him, "Where do you think you're going?"

I go to make a move forward but stop myself, Ryan knows he can handle this on his own.

"Mara left the door open for both of us." Ryan replies.

Mara. That name is so familiar, it's starting to bother me.

"You have nothing to do with Mara. You've said what you need to, now leave." He orders.

"I'm trying to protect her Ryder, obviously something you can't do!" Ryan replies.

Ryder moves back a little like Ryan just hit him, but then frowns, "You don't understand. I tried, I really did try to tell her but she was so angry. She wouldn't listen."

"Then isn't it a good thing I told her? Now she knows, now she can be more prepared." Ryan says.

But Ryder still looks angry, "So what? So you can tell her you're in love with her?"

Now Ryan looks like Ryder just hit him, "What?"

"I see the way you look at her, the way you're so protective of her." Ryder replies.

"Ryder, you're wrong-"

"Don't try to deny it!" Ryder cuts in.

"So you're just going to interrupt me like Mara did to you then?" Ryan asks.

Ryder sighs and then motions for him to continue, "I don't love Mara like that, not the way you think. But we need to focus on her right now, because as soon as the hunters figure out the she is the-"

But I can't hear anymore as a car horn blares and turns into the driveway that Ryder and Ryan are in.

They break out of their serious conversation and smile and wave at the people in the car.

I knew Ryan was up to something, he's told this Ryder guy that the hunter's are here, but I guess most people know already. I need to know what Ryan was going to say to Ryder about Mara, it sounded important.

The car doors open and a woman and a man get out, when they turn my way to close their doors, I get a glimpse of who they are.

I frown and step back a little, Richard and Katrina Banks?