•28•

•Ryder's POV•

I glare at Cam hard after I walk in and see him talking to Mara.

Anger flashes through me to the point where I almost see red, Caleb is fighting to take control but I'm using all my strength keeping myself in control.

Cam glares at me to and then pushes past me, bumping my shoulder in the process.

I growl and grip his forearm, "You're forbidden on my land."

He smirks, "Who's going to stop me?"

"My pack won't be afraid to kill you Cam. I would now if I didn't want answers." I say.

He just keeps the smirk off his face and shakes out of my grip, beginning to continue walking.

Mara pushes through us, "Cam! Wait!"

I growl and try to stop her, but she dodges my grasp and runs to Cam.

"What do you mean? About what you said before?" She asks.

He glaces up at us and then back down at Mara, he shakes his head at her and turns back around, disappearing into the forest.

I'm not sure why I let him go, maybe my curiousity got the best of me.

Mara sighs and walks back through us into her house, she stands at the door, holding the frame.

"Care to explain?" I ask.

She shakes her head and starts to the close the door, I slap my hand on it to refrain her from doing so.

"Sorry, that wasn't very clear. I meant, explain now." I say.

She sighs and leans against the door frame, "You have to just trust me that I can't tell you much, if I do you could be in danger."

Josh steps forward, "We can look after ourselves."

Mara shakes her head, "I'm sure you can, but I don't want to feel the guilt I know I will if I do."

I look at the others and then back at her, "What can you tell us then?"

The others turn to me with their mouths open, I guess it's not like me to let it go that easily, especially in a situation like this.

But the truth is, I trust Mara, I trust her with my life. She knows what she's doing and I need to understand that, it takes a lot of strength to keep something like that from us, and I understand why she has been keeping it from us.

"Come on." She says, opening the door more and walking inside. We follow her in and Layla closes the door after she walks in.

We sit on the couch and Mara stands near the window, "Cam has been here for a while, he wants something, but I have no idea what." She says.

Trent nods, "That's what we thought."

"But there is something that I know that he doesn't." She says.

"What's that?" I ask.

"He came to my house the other day, and when he left I decided to follow him. He went out of our territory and to an old cabin." She continues.

"You what?" I shout.

"Ryder, I'm fine. He didn't see me and I had protection." She assures me.

"Who?" I ask.

"Alpha Kyle, he's the Alpha of the Blue River Pack. He found me peeking and watched with me, then he walked me to his boundry." She shrugs.

I nod.