•16•

•Mara's POV•

Ryder leads me into the crowd and I follow him to meet his parents.

As I walk along, people move aside for us to pass, saying nice comments and congratulating me.

Congratulating me? People really do see this as important as a wedding.

We get to a tall, muscular man and a petite lady. The man looks in his mid-forties, his hair is starting to grow a little grey and he has a slight stubble. The lady has short blonde hair and green eyes, not as bright at Ryder's, but I can see most of his resemblance from his mother.

"Mara, this is my dad Harry and my mum Taliah." Ryder introduces, "Mum, dad, this is my mate Mara." He gestures to me.

Harry holds out a hand and I politely shake it, "Hi nice to meet you." I smile.

"It's wonderful to finally," He looks to Ryder, "Meet you too, dear." He smiles back.

Taliah comes up and gives me a hug and I giggle and return it.

"I'm so happy my Ryder has finally met his mate, I know he'll treat you well." She smiles warmly.

Ryder pulls me to him and frowns at his mum, "Of course I will mum."

She laughs and starts to pull her husband away, "Have fun you two."

We wave as they exit and other werewolves in our pack come up to me and introduce themselves. About half an hour into the greetings, Ryder wanders off to get me a drink.

A little boy runs up to me and gives me a big smile, his smile reminds me of Ryder for some reason.

"Hello Luna! My brother has told me so much about you." He says.

"And who would your brother be?" I ask.

I sighs and roll his eyes, "Figures he wouldn't have mentioned me, I'm Finn, Ryder's little brother." He replies.

My eyebrows raise, "So, how old are you Finn?" I ask.

"I'll be thirteen soon." He says.

"Wow, a teenager this year. That's pretty exciting." I smile.

"Yeah, Ryder's promised me this big party and everything. It's gonna' be great!" He grins.

Ryder comes up and snakes an arm around my waist, "Oh, you've met Finn." He says, handing me a drink.

"Yes, why didn't you tell me you have a brother?" I ask.

He shrugs, "Never came up."

"Well it seems like I came up in your conversations quite a bit." I raise my eyebrows.

Finn chuckles and Ryder coughs a little awkwardly.

"Yeah, well you know." He answers.

I giggle and shake my head, I look back to Finn, "Well I'll definitely be part of this party now Finn." I smile.

He high-fives me and cheers, "Awesome! You're really nice Mara, you'll make a great Luna." He says.

"Thanks Finn." I smile back.

He waves as goes off when he sees some of his friends.

"Ah, being twelve. My thirteenth birthday was one I'll never forget." I smile.

"Did you have a big party or something?" Ryder asks.

"No, only went out for dinner." I reply.

Ryder frowns, "Then what's so memorable about it?"