•9• (Date Part 1)

•Mara's POV•

I got up extra early today so that I can get ready with plently of time. Ryder said he would pick me up at nine so I have about two hours to get prepared.

I smile as I hop down the stairs. When I walk into the kitchen, mum and dad give me a look.

"Well someones cheerful for a Monday morning." Dad raises his eyebrows.

I pause as I reach for the cereal.

"Um, I just, uh," I stumble, "Ryder has a surprise for me." I blurt.

At least I'm not fully lying to them, Ryder really does have a surprise for me since he's not telling me anything about the date, only that I dress casual.

"Oh really!" Mum chirps, "What kind of surpirse?"

I laugh, "I don't know Mum, that's why it's called a surprise."

She huffs, "I guess."

I make my breakfast and watch a little bit of TV while I'm eating. When I look at the clock, I realise I only have an hour left.

I rush up the stairs and take a quick shower, washing my hair in the process. After I hop out, I go to my wardrobe and get the outfit that I planned out last night.

When it's on, I look in the mirror quickly. The high-waisted, light blue shorts are a light material, I have a flowy white shirt with a pretty collar, which I tuck into the shorts. I put a cute white belt with bow on the front through my shorts, and I smile at the outfit.

I go back into the bathroom and lightly curl the ends of my blonde hair, then tie it in a lose, high ponytail. After applying my usual amount of make up, I pop my head outside my door and make sure mum and dad have left for work.

I go downstairs and peek out the window, smiling when I see the car gone. I grab my black purse that has a long chain as a strap and put my iPhone, some money and some lip gloss in. By the time I've done all that, the doorbell rings and I calm myself before I go up to it and swiftly open it.

Ryder stands there with his messy hair a little styled today, not so much flopping over his face, it looks gorgeous as ever though. He's wearing faded denim jeans and a fitted t-shirt that outlines his muscles perfectly. When I look back to his eyes, I realise he was checking me out too.

I blush a little and step outside, closing the door and locking it.

"Ready?" I ask, turning to him.

He nods and pulls me to him.

"You look gorgeous." He whispers.

I avert my gaze and smile, "Thanks."

He chuckles and opens the door of his car.

Yes, that's right.

Car.

I pause as he stands there, waiting for me to get in to his black Sedan. He raises an eyebrow at me.

"Since when do you have a car?" I ask.

He smiles, "I have a car. I just never use it." He shrugs.

I roll my eyes as I get in.

He comes around and gets into the driver's side, starting the car and backing out. When we exit the town I look over to him.

"So, where are we going?" I ask, hopeful he'll answer me.

"Nope," He shakes his head, "It's a surprise."

I huff and cross my hands over my chest, "I hate surprises."

Ryder chuckles, "No you don't, I think you love them."