•26•

•Mara's POV•

"My... Father?" I mumble.

He nods, "I'm sorry to just barge in like this."

"I-"

"Mara! What's taking so long?" I hear Josh shout.

George frowns and looks down the hall, "You have company?" He asks.

Before I can answer a hand wraps around my waist and I get pulled into Ryder.

"Yes, she does." He replies.

Mandy comes up and smiles at me, then turns to George and frowns a little, "Who's this?"

I sigh, "Ryder, Mandy, this is my biological father, George."

"Biological father?" Mandy repeats.

"Yep." I reply, popping the 'p'.

Ryder growls and pulls my impossibly closer.

George looks at us, "Are you mates?" He asks.

"H-how do you know about that?" Ryder asks.

"My step-brother was a werewolf, he found his mate a few days after he moved to live with us." George replies.

"Why are you here?" I ask.

"Can I come in?" He gestures to the house.

I nod and step aside to let him in. I lead him to the living room and see everyone's eyes glued to the TV screen.

I find the remote and switch off the TV.

Josh throws his hands in the air, "What was that for?"

I ignore him and look to George, "This is Josh, Layla, Trent, and Cole." I point to them.

They turn around, realising there is someone there.

"This is George, my, uh, real dad." I explain.

They whip their heads to me now and gape.

"I need to talk to you Mara, I believe I have some explaining to do." George says.

I look at him to continue.

"Alone." He adds.

I guesture to the people in the room, "Whatever you have to say, you can say in front of my friends. They know I'm a tiger and I'm sure that's why you're here."

He sighs and looks at me, "Firstly, I'd like to start by telling you that I am one hundred percent human."

I frown, "But then, how am I a tiger shifter?" I ask.

"Your mother was a tiger shifter you, her genes were passed down to you." He says.

"But, isn't it like werewolves? Don't you need two tiger shifters?" I frown.

He shakes his head, "Aparently not in this case."

"Where's my mother then?" I ask.

I averts his eyes from mine, "She's, no longer here."

I look down at my hands, "Oh."

"I came because I saw the article in the paper about your sighting. I went to Valleyfield to find you, but someone told me you moved here." George says.

"Why do want to see me, you obviously didn't want me." I say coldly.

I see something between regret and hurt, "You have to understand Mara that we did what's best for you." He says.