•23•

•Mara's POV•

"Happy birthday Finn!" Ryder and I yell as he comes bounding down the stairs.

Ryder takles him into a big hug and I laugh, giving him a more gental one.

I hand him a present and Ryder wraps an arm around my waist, "From both of us."

Finn beams and unwraps it, "No way! I've wanted this forever!" He shouts as he sees the Lego box.

It was currently eight o'clock in the morning, we're going to take Finn out for breakfast and then meet everyone at the pack house at eleven.

"Come on," I ruffle his hair, "Lets go get breakfast."

He nods egerly and follows me outside, Ryder locks the house and we get into Mandy's car that I still have.

"I was thinking Sal's?" I ask once we start driving.

"Sounds great!" Finn says from the back seat.

Five minutes later, I pull into the carpark and we scramble out, licking our lips at the sight of breakfast.

When we get in, there are few people scattered around the room. We take a booth and sit down, scanning the menu.

The waitress takes our order, not before sending a flirtatious look in Ryder's direction. It's obvious that she's human, our she wouldn't even think about looking at my mate like that.

Just to make sure she knows, I gentally kiss Ryder's cheek and give him a look of adoration. When she rolls her eyes and turns her back, I scoff in her direction.

"Jealous much?" Ryder raises his eyebrows.

"Only with you babe." I wink.

He chuckles and pulls me close.

"Come on guys! Teenager here." Finn rolls his eyes.

I laugh, "Finn, we're teenagers too."

"Whatever." He scoffs.

I look at Ryder and see he's intently looking in the direction of the glass windows.

"Ryder? Are you okay?" I ask, bringing back his attention.

He smiles, "Yeah, sorry. I just thought I saw someone."

I eye him suspiciously but let it go.

We eat quickly and talk for most of the time, when I look at the time again, I see it's already 10:45.

"Okay, why don't we go see what your mum and dad have for you Finn?" I ask as I stand up.

"Are we not doing anything else?" He asks, a little bit of disapointment in his voice.

"You got to see the parents bro." Ryder says, patting his back and sending a discrete wink in my direction.

He huffs but doesn't protest.

I pull up and see there are lots of cars here, for the party.

"What are all these cars here for?" I ask as we get out.

Ryder shrugs, "I think dad ordered a meeting."

I quickly look at Finn, who looks disappointed.

We walk up to the door and twist the knob, only to find it's locked as planned.

"It's locked." I say to Ryder.

He gives me a fake confused look, "We'll just have to go around the back."

I nod and Ryder leads the way around the back of the house. He opens the gate and ushers Finn through first, I quickly follow and Ryder comes and shuts the gate.