•50•

•Ryder's POV•

Some people say home is where the heart is.

They buy a sign, they hang it on their walls, their front doors, on their doormats. But to them, it's just six famous words in fancy writing decorating their home.

To me, home is where the heart is means so much more.

Home is where memories are created, experiences heightened, friendships bloom. But home is not just theses things, it's where I was born and breed, it's where my whole life is, it's where the people I love belong.

And it's where Mara is.

When someone that means so much to you, so much that you would jump at the chance to do anything they say, you know that that is where your heart is, where ever they are.

So when I see Mara, her long blonde hair, shinning blue eyes, blushing cheeks. That is what I want to see everyday, that is where my heart is, it's where she is.

As I wait for her to come out of her final class for the day, I lean against the wall opposite the class.

Josh comes out first and heads over to me, "You all set?" He asks.

I nod, "And you?"

He gives me a look, "Ryder, stop asking me. I have it all under control."

"Okay, okay. I just don't want to-"

"Hey." Mara says as she comes out.

I straighten my posture and clear my throat, "Hey."

She looks at me suspiciously, "Are you alright?"

I nod and smile pulling her to me, "I'll be good soon."

"Okay, well have a good time." Josh says and waves as he walks away.

Mara frowns, "What was that about?"

I shrug, "Who knows. Come on, lets get out of here, it's finally break."

I take her hand and lead her out of the school.

"Did I tell you about how weird my Mum and Dad were acting this morning?" She asks as we walk to my bike.

"No." I reply.

"Well, it was really unusual, and I was kind of thinking that maybe-"

She driffs off when she sees the bike, "Why is everyone around your bike?" She asks.

I smirk at her, Layla, Mandy, Claire, Torah, Josh, Trent, Ryan, Cole, and even Bailey are standing around.

"What are you all doing here?" Mara asks hugging Bailey.

"It's your birthday tomorrow silly." Bailey replies.

Mara rolls her eyes, "I know that but why don't you see me tomorrow?"

"Because you're not going to be here tomorrow." I reply.

"What?" She replies, frowning.

"Don't you remember the other day, you told me you wanted to go on a longer ride on my bike?" I asks.

She nods, "Yeah."

"Well," I say, "We're going on a road trip, just you and me."

She smiles, "Just you and me?"

I nod, "Just you and me."

She turns back to everyone and gives them all a hug before talking to Bailey for a bit.

I'm talking with Trent and Josh when I make eye contact with Ryan, I gesture for him to come over.

"Ryan." I say.