•25•

•Mara's POV•

I watch silently as Ryan and the other two men move up to the house. They knock on the door and say something and it swings open.

When they go inside, I slide down the tree trunk and hug my knees into my chest.

What does this mean? Is Ryan a traitor? Does Cam know I'm a tiger shifter? Does Ryan know about werewolves?

Everything is so confusing and information in buzzing around my brain at impossible rates.

Surely Ryan can't know about werewolves. He would have told me, wouldn't he?

I'm suddenly brought back from a growl, I stand up and look around.

A man comes out in some sweatpants, he looks to be in his mid-twenties.

"What are you doing on my land?" He asks.

And he's an Alpha.

"Uh, I'm Samara Banks, Luna of the Dark Moon Pack." I extend a hand.

He raises his eyebrows but shakes my hand, "Kyle Parker, Alpha of the Blue River Pack. You don't have concent to be here Luna."

I nod, "I'm sorry, please don't tell Alpha Ryder."

He cocks his head to the side, "Well, I have to if you're running away."

My eyes widen, "Running away? Oh no, I'm not running away." I assure him.

"Then what are you doing?" He asks.

Suddenly I hear a slam and notice that the front door has opened, I grab Alpha Kyle's arm and pull him against the tree trunk like me, using my other hand to cover his mouth.

I lift my finger to my lips in a 'be quiet' gesture.

He nods and peels my hand off his mouth.

I peek around the tree and so does Kyle.

"You're crazy! There is no way I'm helping you with this!" Ryan shouts as he walks out of the house.

"Ryan!" Cam comes out next, "Don't you see? Then we have her."

Her?

Ryan turns around to face Cam, "You're sick Cam, you need to stop."

Cam clentches his jaw, "I'm not sick."

"Denying it won't help." Ryan warns.

"I'm not denying anything!" Cam shouts back.

Ryan sighs, "I'm part of a pack Cam, I'm not a rouge like you and these other men you've gathered."

"What does that have to do with anything?" Cam asks.

"It means that I've got something to lose, unlike you who doesn't." Ryan snaps.

Cam growls, "You'll regret this Kunder."

Ryan laughs, "I doubt that."

He then runs into the forest and shifts into a wolf.

Ryan is a werewolf? Ryan is a werewolf!

Cam makes his hands into tight fists, his anger making them shake, and then picks up a large rock and shouts in frustration as he throws it into the forest.

It hits the tree next to us, making it shake and the ground around us vibrate.

He then stomps into the cabin and slams the door closed.

I let out the breath I didn't realise I was holding and look to Alpha Kyle who is looking expectantly at me.

"What?" I ask as I start to walk away from the house.