•2•

(Thank you to PonchoLover2000 for the awesome banner! I love it <3)

•Mara's POV•

I hear Mandy honk from outside and I kiss mum and dad on the cheek as I go out, munching on an apple as I do.

"Hey." I say as I get into the car.

"Hello!" Mandy replies enthusiasically.

"What's got you in a good mood?" I ask.

"It's the first day of school! I really like school." She smiles.

I shake my head and laugh, "I think that's like, the first time I've ever heard someone say that."

She laughs too, "I just need to pick up Bailey." She says as she makes a quick turn onto a street.

"No problem." I reply.

Mandy honks the horn and Bailey comes out, hopping in the car.

"Hey guys." She smiles.

"Hey." Mandy and I both reply.

"So, are you ready for the stares?" Bailey asks me.

"Stares?" I ask.

"Oh yeah. Everyones going to be looking at you because one, you're new, and two, you're hot." Mandy says.

"I'm not hot." I blush, looking away.

"Oh shut up. We'll protect you as much as we can." Bailey pats my shoulder.

I haven't even known these girls for 24 hours and I like them heaps already.

"You guys are great." I say.

They both smile at me, "Not so bad yourself." Mandy smirks.

We arrive at school before I know it and we get out, as soon as I step a foot out, it seems as though everyone just stops what they're doing and just stare at me. Mostly gaping, some fasincated, others, mainly guys, checking me out.

I suddenly feel self-concious and Bailey and Mandy must realise because they link their arms through mine and walk to the entrance of the school.

I use my tiger hearing to catch some of the things people are saying.

"A new girl? Wow, that's unusual."

"Whoa, check out the hot new girl."

"How is she already with the popular girls?"

That last one caught me a little off gaurd.

Mandy and Bailey were the 'popular girls'?

Oh well, at least they are not the 'on top of the school food chain' type of popular girls, like the ones on 'Mean Girls'. I don't think I could stand to hang out with them if they were like that. I don't plan on dancing to 'Jingle Bell Rock' in front of the school any time soon.

We head to the front office to collect my class schedel. Once I get it I compare it with the girls, thankfully I have homeroom with Mandy and English with Bailey. At least we have a class together.

"Come one, lets go to your locker and then find the rest of the gang to compare with them." Mandy drags me.

As we walk down the hall, I get more stares and I just look down, trying not to make eye contact.

When we get to my locker, It just happens to be next to Layla's and the guys are there too.

"Mara, my girl." Josh smirks and hangs his arm over my shoulders like he did at the diner yesterday.

I laugh, "Hi Josh."

"Hey." Layla smiles.

Out of everyone, Layla is the person I have yet to really talk to.

"Hi." I wave and smile too.

Trent nods and smiles and I return it. He has his hand around Layla's waist.

"Oh, yeah. And if you haven't already guessed, Layla and Trent are dating." Mandy says.

I smile and nod, "I thought so."

The people around us stare even harder and gape as they see Josh's arm around my shoulders.

I get out of Josh's hold and unlock my locker with ease, putting my backpack in there and getting the things Bailey says I'll need for English, we start to walk to our homerooms. As we go everyone looks at my schedule.

"You have Spanish with me." Layla smiles.

"And Sport with me." Trent high-fives me.

"And Biology and Maths with me." Josh smirks.

I groan, "I hate Maths."

Josh nudges me playfully. Not that is would affect my too much if he really tried, I have pretty impressive strength because of my inner tiger.

"It'll be a lot better with me in there." He grins.

I laugh and push him softly back.

Mandy, Layla and I head to our homeroom. Not before Trent and Layla share a rather, passionate, kiss. But from the way they look at each other, you can tell they are in love.

As we sit down Mandy pulls out her phone and shakes her head, "Ryder is going to be late today. No surprise there."

Layla just rolls her eyes, "Mandy and Ryder are cousins if you didn't know." She tells me.

"Really? I didn't know that." I reply.

"Yeah, it's not really something to be proud of." She mutters.

Layla chuckles as the homeroom teacher walks in.

He catches my eye and smiles.

"You must be Miss Banks. My name is Mr George, I'll be your homeroom teacher this year."

"Hello." I nod and smile.

Thankfully, he doesn't ask anymore questions and we are free to do what we like for the rest of homeroom.

Layla, Mandy and I talk for the time and then the bells goes, signaling the end of homeroom. I find Bailey coming out of her homeroom when I do and I catch up to her.

"I'm not sure where I'm going, so I'm glad I found you." I say.

She laughs, "No problem, I think you'll like our teacher. She's really good and nice."

The next classes pass by quickly, I had to borrow a uniform for sport. The shirt was fine, but the shorts were a little too short for my liking, causing a few wolf-whistles from the guys, which stopped when Trent gave them a hard glare.

I feel we are going to have a brother-sister relationship.

Finally lunch comes and I follow Trent to the cafetria where we sit at a table where everyone already is.

"What do you think so far?" Layla asks.

"It's nice, the teachers are really good. Maybe execpt Coach Smith, I used to enjoy sport until him." I sigh.

The others chuckle and start a conversation about Coach Smith and the times he's made them go through hell. I zone out a little, until I realise I should probably go to the bathroom before my next class. I stand up and excuse myself, telling Josh I'll see him in Maths.

As I get to the door I get I weird feeling in my stomach, like butterflies, and I'm tempted to turn around in search for whose causing them, but I continue walking until I find the nearest bathroom. I finish and walk to the sinks, washing my hands and looking in the mirror. I decided to wear my hair down today, letting the waves fall over my shoulders and reaching my belly button. This morning I put on a little bit of makeup, just some light foundation and mascara.

Suddenly a stall opens and out comes a very slutty-looking girl. She has a very tight, very short skirt on, with a crop top, which basically screams 'slut!'. Did I mention she has way too much make up on, making her look like she's just slammed her face into a cake and walked out the door.

She notices me and smirks.

"So you're the new girl." She says it with venom rolling off her tounge.

"Mara." I say.

"Jessica. So, how much are you paying?" She asks, putting a hand on her hip.

"I'm sorry?" I ask, clearly confused.

"How much are you paying that group to hang out with you?" She asks, like I should know exactly what she's talking about.

"I'm not paying them anything, they want to hang with me." I reply, getting a little frustrated.

She smirks, "Just wait until you meet Ryder. You'll be kicked out for sure." She says before walking out.

Who does she think she is?

'Calm down Mara, she just tormenting you.' Snow says.

I huff but nod. I look at the time and realise I don't have much time until the next class. As I finish getting my books for maths the bell goes off and luckliy I find my class quickly, I just followed Josh's scent.

I enter the class and everyone instantly stares at me, I look down until I feel one gaze on me. It's so strong it nearly pierces bullets into the side of my head.

I look up and see a very good-looking guy staring at me, well everyone is staring at me, but his glaze is filled with more desire and shock at the same time. He has light brown hair, which falls over his forehead, a bit like Trents, but this guy pulls it off way better. And I can't miss his defined figure, which is literally screaming 'muscles!'.

But it's his glorious bright green eyes that capture my attention the most. They are so bright and so handsome, I nearly drool at the sight.

Then it hits me. I'm not just staring at anyone's green eyes.

I'm staring at Ryder Jackson's green eyes.

He smirks at me and then the teacher pulls me back to attention, I tear my gaze away from the sex god I'm staring at.

"You must be Miss Banks." The teacher says, barely looking up from his desk.

"Um, yes." I mumble.

He looks at me and smiles, like a flick of a light switch, he's all of sudden happy.

"Well, tell us about yourself."

Damn. I was hoping to avoid this question the whole day.

"Um, my name is Samara Banks, but everyone calls me Mara. I'm seventeen and I moved from Valleyfield." I say,

It's not much, but lets hope is passes.

"Tell us something interesting." The teacher presses.

I sigh and say the only thing that pops into my head, "I'm adopted?" Is sounds more like a question.

"Really? Well that is interesting. Please do sit Mara, I'm Mr Reeves by the way." He smiles.

"Thanks." I say quietly and walk to the only available seat, which is smack bang in the middle of the classroom. I hate being in the middle, I feel like everyone is watching me. But there is one gaze that is staring at the back of my head that I can't ingore, and I know it belongs to someone with the name Ryder. Seriously, I feel like my head is about to explode with the power in his stare.

Finally the bell rings and I leap up from my seat to beat everyone else.

But in particular, Ryder Jackson.

•Ryder's POV•

Just after the bells rings, I smell the most intoxicating, beautiful smell I have ever smelt. I try to find the sorce until someone comes into the classroom. The smell is so much stronger now and I have to hold back a moan. It smells like vanilla and cherry blossem.

My wolf, Caleb, starts going crazy for some reason.

I look up and meet the gaze of the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.

'MATE!' Caleb shouts and starts howling in excitment.

'Go over to her. now.' He demands.

'I wish I could Caleb, but we're in class. I'll get to her later.' I reply.

He whines but stops.

I'm lost in her gaze for I don't know how long. It could have been seconds, it could have been minutes, hell, it could have been years for all I know.

I quickly sniff and catch her scent, and mentally freeze. She's human. There are definitely cons that come with her as my mate. But there is something else in her scent that I can't quite understand, it smells a bit like, a rainforest or a jungle.

I smirk at her and then stupid Mr Reeves has to interrupt.

"You must be Miss Banks." He says, not looking very interested. How dare he not look interested in my gorgeous mate.

"Um, yes." She mumbles. Even though she only said two words, her voice is angelic.

Oh god, I sound like a chick.

Mr Reeves suddenly looks interested in her and smiles. Good.

"Well, tell us about yourself." He says.

I smile, what a good way to get to know her.

"Um, my name is Samara Banks, but everyone calls me Mara. I'm seventeen and I moved from Valleyfield." She says.

Mara. What a stunning name, I love it.

"Tell us something interesting." Mr Reeves pushes.

"I'm adopted?" She says, although it sounds more like a question.

Adopted? That's very interesting, my little mate doesn't know her biological parents. I just hope she has good parents now.

"Really? Well that is interesting. Please do sit Mara, I'm Mr Reeves by the way." He says.

"Thanks." She says as she goes and sits in the middle of the classroom.

I don't get much done that lesson, I just stare at her beautiful, long blonde hair.

When the bell rings, she shoots up from her seat and rushes out of the classroom before I can even say her name.

•Mara's POV•

When I get to my locker, all my new friends are there.

I sigh in relief and go to unlock my locker.

"So, did you meet Ryder?" Mandy asks.

I look to her, "How did you know he was in my class?" I ask.

"Because I knew he had maths and I knew you had maths too." She shrugs.

"Oh," I say, turning back to my locker, "Yeah, well no, sort of." I say.

She laughs, along with Trent, Layla, and Bailey who obviously heard our conversation.

"Okay, which one?" Mandy asks.

"Well, we made eye contact. But I didn't talk to him or anything." I reply.

Josh comes up and wraps a hand around my waist and I laugh.

"You have a thing for wrapping your arms around me don't you?" I ask, smiling.

"What? you're just so wrappable." He replies.

I'm about to tell him that that's not a word, when an almost inhuman growl is heard from behind us.

We all turn around, Josh still holding me and face Ryder. I very angry Ryder, I might add.

He snatches me and pulls my out of Josh's grasp and into his.

I'm too shocked by the movement to respond, also the sparks I feel from Ryder touching me doesn't help.

Ryder just glares at Josh.

My new friends have confusion written over their faces.

Mandy looks to me and I give her a pleading look.

"Okay! Well We have to go." She grabs me, but Ryder doesn't let go of my arm.

"Ryder." Layla hisses.

He just gives her a glare and she cowers away into Trent.

"Ryder, we have to go. Come over to my house later okay?" Mandy says.

Ryder looks at me and sees my wide eyes before his face softens and he lets me go.

Mandy grabs Bailey and we scurry out of the school.

"What the hell just happened?" I ask once we reach the car.

"I have no idea. I've never seen Ryder like that." Mandy confesses.

"Oh, so it's not, like his way to get a girl then?" I ask.

Bailey scoffs from the back, "If it was, I don't see how it would work."

We all laugh at that and the conversation drops, but I can't stop thinking about what just happened a few minutes ago.

And I can't tame that tingling in my arm where Ryder grabbed me.

••••*••••

"Mara!" Mum calls.

I bring myself away from my homework. Yes, I got homework on my first day.

Why?

It's not too much though, so I don't mind. That much.

"Yeah mum?" I ask when I come down the stairs.

"I need you to take these over to Mary." Mum says, handing me some papers.

"What are these?" I ask.

"Job resumes, Mary offered to be one of my references." She replies.

"That's nice." I smile.

Mum smiles too, "It is. Now go on." She ushers me outside.

I walk around to Mandy's house, and slow down a little when I notice a motorcycle in the driveway. But I shrug it off and walk up to the door.

I politely knock and wait a couple of seconds.

I look back at the front garden while I wait, Mary does have very good taste in plants.

I hear the door open and turn to the person.

I stop dead when I stare into the eyes of the one and only, Ryder Jackson.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hello

Another chapter! yay

I hope you like Ryder. He's a bad boy with a soft heart, naw.

Please vote and comment!

Thanks! xx