•30•

•Ryder's POV•

"Mara, hurry up. We're running late as it is." I mind-link her.

I mean, what is with girls taking forever to get ready? All I had to do was change into some nice jeans and a clean t-shirt, spray some cologne, run a hand through my hair and BAM! I'm ready.

But girls need to do their makeup perfectly, put their hair into some complicated-twisty thing, make sure they have the perfect outfit, blah blah blah.

"Shut up Ryder, we leave when we leave. I'm almost done." She replies.

I sigh and lean against the railing.

Mara's mother walks in, her father trailing close behind.

"Ryder, how nice to see you again. You look nice, are you going somewhere?" Katrina asks.

I nod and smile, "Mara and I are going out for dinner with some old friends of mine."

"That's nice, we're going out for dinner too actually. Would you mind reminding Mara to lock the house when she leaves?" Richard asks.

I nod, "No problem."

They both smile at me, "Have a nice time Ryder." Katrina says.

I smile back, "Thank you, and you too."

They walk out the door and I tap my foot, waiting for Mara.

I finally here her footsteps walking down the stairs and I look up, my eyes locked on her as she's looking down at where she's stepping.

She looks amazing. She's wearing a stunning dress that's not too formal, yet not too casual either, it' knee length and a beige kind of colour. It has two straps, but layers from one shoulder travel down vertically to her waist. A small lighter coloured band wraps around her slim waist and she wears some strappy heals that give make her at least three inches taller.

Her hair is twisted into a braid in the front and then ties into a neat bun at the back. Her make up is light and neat, exactly how I like it. Even though I wouldn't mind if she didn't have makeup on, but I hate the look of too much makeup.

She smiles at me when she looks up and I lean in and kiss her cheek, whispering in her ear, "You look beautiful."

She blushes a little and studies my outfit, "Not too bad yourself."

I chuckle and grab her hand, "Now we have to go, so come on."

She grabs the keys on her way out and locks the door.

"How did you know to lock the door?" I ask.

She points to her ears, "Tiger hearing."

I chuckle, "Sneaky."

She just giggles and hops in the passenger side of my car.

I start the engine and drive off, heading to Alpha Kyle's town.

"So where are we meeting them for dinner?" Mara asks a few minutes into the drive.

"At an Italian restaurant in Kyle's town, he said it has the best reviews." I answer.

She nods, "I love Italian."

"Have you ever been to Italy?" I ask.

She shakes her head, laughing a little, "I've never been out of the country."

I smile at her, 'We'll go one day."

"Really?" She asks exictedly.

I nod, "Definitely."