•20•

•Mara's POV•

"Mara. My main girl." Josh says as he slings an arm over my shoulder.

Ryder gives him a dangerous glare, which Josh just rolls his eyes at.

"Yes Josh?" I ask.

"Feel like doing something with me today, everyone's caught up in their mates and I'm bored." He says, pouting.

Ryder comes over and pulls me to his side, out of Josh's grip.

"What if I want to do something with my mate too?" Ryder asks.

Josh sighs.

"Ryder." I scold, "Why don't we do something all together?" I propose.

Ryder and Josh exchange a look and then nod, "Sounds good." Josh says.

"Well I want to go to the markets that have just rolled up in town." I say.

"Let's go there then, sounds interesting." Ryder replies, grabbing his keys.

I watch as he exits and I sigh.

"What's up?" Josh asks through mind-link.

I gasp a little and turn to him.

"You're part of the pack now Luna. You can mind-link anyone, as anyone can mind-link you." Josh explains, smirking.

"Oh." I reply.

"Now what's wrong?" He asks.

We start to make our way to the door.

"I think I'm in love with Ryder." I reply.

I look up and see Ryder leaning against the car, typing something on his phone.

"What's so bad about that?" Josh asks.

"Well, what if he doesn't feel the same?" I reply.

I look to Josh and see him chuckling a little, "I think you should just tell him."

"But I'm scared he won't say it back." I say.

"Mara, I think you'll be surprised." He says and then disconnects out of the mind-link and heads over to the car.

I sigh and go too, I'm about to open the passenger side when I notice it's still locked.

I look up to the guys to see them smirking, "Well? Are you going to unlock it or what?" I ask.

Ryder shakes his head, "Nah. We're not taking the car." He replies.

I frown, "Then why did you grab the keys?"

He chuckles, "I didn't take the keys to the car, Mara. I took the keys to my bike."

They move out the way a little and I see two motorcycles sitting in the driveway.

I shake my head and step back, "No, no, no! There is no way I'm getting on that death contraption!" I say, pointing to the bikes.

Josh laughs and pats Ryder on the back, "Good luck man, I'll meet you there." He says.

Josh gets on his bike and starts it, the noise making me flinch, he smirks at me one last time and zooms off.

Ryder comes up to me and wraps his arms around my waist, "I'm not going to let anything happen to you, okay?" He asks, his voice soft.

I just look at the bike behind him and frown.

"Have you ever been on one before?" Ryder asks.

I look to the ground, "No."