•33•

•Mara's POV•

I hear the soft classical music through the doors, yet I don't make a move to enter. Behind the large wooden doors I face are more than a thousand werewolves.

Alright, so I said I was ready. But that was before Mandy told me that not only was my pack going to be out there, but all neighbouring packs will be too.

Fun.

I sigh and turn around walking over to Mandy and Layla, "So, let me just go over this, one more time." I say.

Mandy rolls her eyes, "Mara, we've been over this, like fives times already."

"Please, just one more." I reply.

She sighs, "Fine."

"Okay," I say seriously, "So you guys will be standing out that door," I point to the doors, "And when my name is called, which I should hear with my tiger hearing, you will open the doors and I'll step out. People will cheer, blah blah, I'll make my way to the stage where Ryder will be waiting."

Layla nods, "And when you're up there?" She asks.

"I smile and support Ryder, hug when needed to be hugged and repeat the lines when needed to be repeated." I say almost automatically.

"See?" Mandy says, "You're fine."

I take a deep breath and nod, "Okay."

Mandy gives me a supportive smile, "Alright, Ryder's been called. Listen closely girl, good luck."

I weakly smile back, "Hey," Layla says, "I'll be right behind you."

They hug me and slip through the doors.

I walk up to them in my red heels and smooth out my dress, making sure I won't trip over it when I walk.

'Wow, did you think a few months ago that we'd be here?' Snow asks.

I smile and shake my head, 'Not even in my dreams.'

'I'll be with you.' She says.

'Thanks Snow.' I reply.

"So, I'd like to introduce my mate and the Dark Moon's Luna. Samara Banks." I hear Ryder say.

'Here we go.' I say to Snow.

'Here we go.' She repeats.

The doors pull open and the dimming suns last shine of light fills my eyes, it takes me a while to ajust to my surroundings, all I hear is a round of applause and a lot of cheering.

I put on a smile and walk onto the grass, through the gap that has been made to the stage. When I look up I see Ryder on the stage, smirking at me as I walk down, Layla behind me.

"Why does every ceremony feel like a wedding?" Ryder mind-links me.

I smile and look down to refrain myself from laughing, "I'll agree on you with that."

"At least we'll be prepared for the real thing." He says.

I look up and stare into his eyes, this time his expression soft yet serious.

I slowly smile as I approach the stage, pulling my dress up a little from the ground so I can go up the stairs.

When I look up, Ryder is in front of me and smiles, pulling me to him and giving me a kiss on my temple. A loud round of applause and a few 'aws' go through the crowd and I really hope my makeup is enough to cover my blush.