•31•

•Mara's POV•

I wake up on Sunday morning with a smile on my face.

This is it. This is the day.

I get up and find something to put on for the time I'll be at the pack house before the ceremony begins.

I grab some deep blue denim jeans and a pretty cream coloured sweater. After having a fairly quick shower, I change into the clothes and tie my long hair in a low ponytail then apply my usual makeup.

Grabbing my phone on the way, I race down the stairs and shout a goodbye to mum and dad.

When I get outside, I stop short but then smile, walking forward towards Ryder who's sitting on his bike.

"You could have come inside you know." I say as I grab the helmet he's holding out for me.

He looks around quickly, "Outside was nice."

I sigh, "You were looking out for Cam."

He helps me onto the bike and then starts the engine.

"Maybe." He replies.

I giggle and breathe in the fresh air that whips my face as Ryder drives the bike to the pack house.

Once we pull up at the driveway, I hop off the bike and Ryder takes my hand. I squeeze his hand as we walk up to the front door.

"Are you ready?" I ask.

He looks down and smiles at me, "As long as you're with me, I'm ready for anything."

My insides melt at his words and I think my walking went into autopilot as I had no control over them anymore. If Josh didn't stop us when we came in, I think I would have just kept walking until I hit the wall.

And that would have been embarrassing.

"Hey, future Alpha's." He says.

"Morning Josh." I smile and give him a hug, which doesn't last long because Ryder pulls me back and Josh slaps Ryder on the back playfully.

"Josh." Ryder nods.

I roll my eyes at Ryder, "Ryder, you need to get it into that thick head of yours that Josh and I are friends."

He just gives me a look, which I return.

Layla comes out and crushes me when she sees me, wrapping her arms in a tight hug around me.

This surprises me a little, since this is something I have never seen Layla to do.

I just laugh and hug her back, "Layla, you're happy."

She pulls away and beams at me, "I am."

I'm about to ask more, but Mandy and Cole come in, holding hands of course.

"Hey guys." I wave at them.

"Hey!" Mandy says as she gets out of Cole's grip and comes over to us.

Cole waves at me and turns to Josh and Ryder.

I give Mandy and quick hug, "So what do you have planned for me outfit wise?" I ask them.

Mandy and Layla told me, and I mean told me, that they would organise my outfit for today.

They smirk, "You'll see soon enough, let's just get some girl time first. I feel like we haven't had anything like that for ages." Mandy replies.

I nod in agreement, "Hell yes."

We climb the stairs and go into the master bedroom, where we will be getting ready.

Layla and I sit on the floor while Mandy bends down and reaches for something under the bed.