25

Naomi's pov

"Naomi." I heard Temperance's voice. I looked up and saw her standing across from my table.

"Temperance, hey." I said getting out of my thoughts.

"You wanted to talk." She said sitting down across from me. I nodded.

"I want to come back to work. I can't keep staying on Booths couch forever." I said smiling at her. She nodded.

"Ok. Do you want to start now? I'm about to head to the lab anyway." She asked. I nodded smiling. She grabbed her coffee and I followed her to her car.

"So what changed?" She asked as we drove.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"After everything that happened, what made you want to come back?" She asked. I looked over at her.

"Honestly. I want to be with Jack, we haven't been in the best place since we lost the baby. I can't just leave without him you know, I love him." I said. She nodded.

"Your making a good decision then, coming back to him. You deserve to be happy." Temperance said and I smiled at her. We arrived and got out. Once we got inside to the lab I went to my old office, which happened to be next to Jack's. I had to walk by my office to get to mine. So when I did I stopped and looked in and saw him back facing me. He was using some kind of machine. I smiled at him and kept walking to my office. I looked around and saw everything was the same. I looked at my picture frames which was of me and Jack and some of Temperance and I. I slipped on my lab coat and herd someone knock on my door. I turned and saw Booth.

"Hey Booth, what's up?" I asked.

"Nothin just saw you and decided to come say hi. Are you coming back to work then?" He asked. I nodded.

"Ya I figured I should just get back to work and do something instead of sleeping on your couch." I said. He laughed.

"I don't mind you staying on my couch." He said. I chuckled.

"Ya I know but I need to get off the couch and do something." I said.

"More like see someone." He said. My smile dimmed a bit.

"It's not what you think." I said lying. I don't know why but I felt as if I was disappointing Booth by letting Jack back into my life.

"Then why did you come back?" He asked.

"Because I love my job." I said. He nodded leaving my office. I sighed and put on my ID and went out and saw the Skeleton with no head. Dr. Addy was already analyzing the bones.

"Find anything interesting Dr.Addy?" I asked. He looked up.

"Dr.Brennan, its... nice to see you." He said.

"But yes if interesting means finding clues. Your inferences of the murder weapon being a guillotine was correct. The bodies fat content around the neck was to large for the hole of a normal sailed guillotine so it was dropped multiple times on the victim." He said. I nodded.

"Zack! I am officially King of the Lab!" I heard Jacks voice. I turned along with Dr.Addy. Jack came up the stairs and stopped seeing me. Our eyes met and everything seemed to just stop.

I looked away And cleared my throat. He looked away.

"What did you find Dr. Hodgins?" Zack asked.

"Well... I uh found pieces of metal and wood that were on the ground at the scene, now I know that dark oak and steel were used to create our guillotine, dark oak trees are only found in the rural parts of Washington were a certain metal factory is. Guess which one of our suspects works in a metal factory?" He said. I smiled nodding. I was impressed.