24

Naomi's pov

I got out of Booths car and followed him up to the crime scene. I looked around at the area and saw we were near a lake and farm house.

"What do we got?" I heard Booth ask. I looked over at the semi decomposing body.

"We have a body but no head sir." One said. I then felt slightly intrigued.

"Oh I am so glad you brought me along." I muttered to Booths d he shook his head. I scurried over to the body and the corner handed me a pit of gloves. I put them on and started looking at the body.

Booth's Pov

I heard a car pull up and turned to see Dr.Addy and Hodgins get out of the car. They must not know Naomi's here. I went up to them and stopped them.

"Hello boys. What brings you here." I asked.

"Our Job. Dr. Brennan sent us because she couldn't be here." Dr.Addy said.

"Well I got the other Dr.Brennan on it so-"

"Naomi's here?" Jack asked. He seemed to perk up.

"Yes don't get so excited she's in a good mood." I said. I don't know why but I felt more protective over Naomi than usual, ever since she started staying with me.

"I'm not a kid Booth I can contain myself," he Said. I grimaced and let them pass. I went back up to the scene.

Naomi's pov

I studied the neck where the head was decapitated.

"Dr.Brennan?" I heard behind me. I looked over to see Zach.

"Dr.Addy I'm guessing Temperance sent you?" I asked. He nodded. I sighed and moved over so he could look.

"You see this these marks on the bond show that the neck was hit repeatedly. Like with an axe but not as wide something quick and smaller. But it fell from a great height making each hit deeper." I said describing a weapon.

"You mean like a guillotine?" Booth said. I nodded.

"Ya exactly, but I don't see one with a head anywhere." I said I saw someone come in front of me and I glanced to see Jack. He wasn't looking at me focusing more on his work. I kept my eyes on him until I finally looked away.

"I think Dr.Addy can take care of the rest he needs the practice if he's going to be the third best forensic anthropologist in the world." I said to Booth.

"Third?" He asked.

"Me, Temperance and then him." I said smiling. Booth laughed with me. I heard someone clear there voice.

"I found some dirt that wasn't from this area, also there is some lighter fluid in the clothing which is obvious because of the smell. I think the murder was interrupted and wasn't able to burn the evidence." Jack said. I looked at him and nodded.

"Ya well Temperance will be expecting it at the lab. I'm just filing in at the moment." I said. He just stared at me as I did at him.

"Well if that's all you guys found we should leave I got some stuff to do at the bureau." Booth said, it snapped me out of my staring contest with him. I nodded and followed him to the car.

"That was quite the stare off you guys had." He said.

"Whatever Booth it was nothing." I said blushing.

"Mmhm. Look Naomi I know you want to go back to him but I just want you to be careful, if he ever does it again..." I put my hand on his

"I promise you Booth, I would never let that happen again, You're right I do want to go back to him, so bad but I just don't... I'm scared it will happen again."  I said and have it a squeeze. He nodded giving me a small smile and we drove back to his apartment.