21

Naomi's pov

I woke up and saw a note on the coffee table.

Went to work see you at the lab or here
-Booth

I rolled my eyes and got up. What should I do today. I definitely wasn't going back to the lab so I decided to take a cab to the diner. I ordered waffles and saw a man with a suit sitting with an FBI badge.

"Um excuse me." I said getting his attention. He looked up. Baby face.

"Can I sit here."

"Of course. I'm Dr.Sweets." He said.

"Oh you must be the psychologist that Agent Booth works with." I said. He nodded.

"Yes sometimes but I actual am supposed to assess Dr.Brennan and Booths work relationship." He said I nodded.

"I'm Temperances sister Naomi by the way." I said and shook his hand.

"Oh the other Doctor. The one Hodgins is obsessed with." I gulped.

"Yes..." I said looking down at my waffles.

"Hey what happened to your face?" He asked. I looked up nervous.

"Oh nothing just boxing, gotta stay fit." I said. And chuckled nervously.

"I can tell your lying Naomi. I'm a psychologist." I shook my head.

"It's nothing really, I should get going." I said leaving the table.

"Wait! Your waffles!" He said after me but still kept going.

Lances pov

I sat there confused. What just happened. I payed for her waffles and took them to go and headed to the Jeffersonian where Booth should be.

When I got there I saw Booth and Dr.Brennan in her office.

"Hey Agent Booth, do you know what happened to Naomi's face?" I asked him. He gave me a look. Brennan looked confused.

"What? What happened to Naomi's face?" She asked. He shook his head.

"I'm handling it Bones. Sweets." He pointed to the door and I left him following me.

"Why don't you say it for the whole world to hear next time why don't ya." He said.

"Well she said it was boxing but she was lying. I don't know why. She got all weird when I said Hodgins name.." I said to myself.

"Come on Sweets put it together. Hodgins and Naomi have been together for a little while. He.. he hit her." Booth said. I gasped.

"What! He hit her!" I yelled and Booth shooshed me.

"Yes. She's staying at my place for a while. I'm not letting her go back to Hodgins." He said. I nodded. Because of his childhood abuse.

"Well what are you gonna do? Let her live at your apartment forever?" I asked. I looked over his shoulder and saw Hodgins.

He looked tired. Guilty? Most likely. Probably regrets it. Obviously loves Naomi.

Booth snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Hey you listening? I said as long as she's away from him I don't care where she stays but at my house is the safest because I'm not afraid to hurt the bug lover." He said. I nodded.

Booths pov

Sweets nodded and walked away. I turned around and saw Hodgins. I walked towards him fists clenched.