6

Naomi's pov

I sat in the quarantine room for hours watching the staff look at me with judgement and pity. It was horrible. One scientist actually stopped and looked at me like I was a damn science project.

"What the hell are you looking at!" I yelled at him making him jump and scurry away.

"Get me out of this damn room!" I yelled to no one in particular. But then the directors voice came through a inner com.

"We need to analyze the substance that was in the envelope." And then it was silent again. 

I started to cough some and then more. More and more until the taste of blood was in my mouth.

"Trash can" I looked around quickly until I found one in the corner I threw up. Most of it blood and the pancakes that didn't taste so well coming back up.

"Naomi we have found what you've been exposed with." Dr.Addys voice said.

"Please do tell." I saw leaning up against the wall.

"You have been exposed to the poison anthrax it's a-"

"I know what anthrax is Dr.Addy and it seems that the symptoms are already being shown I threw up in this nice trash can and its a mixture of blood and pancakes from this morning." I interrupted him.

"I'm pretty sure other symptoms will start soon, shortness of breath, mild chest discomfort, other flew like symptoms and some ulcers on my arms, neck, hands, and hopefully not the face." I added.

"We ordered the antibiotics and antitoxin for you but it will be a couple days." The directors voice came back on. I held a thumbs up and laid down on the table where we usually kept the corpses. It was so hot. I took off my lab coat and blouse. I had a tank top on underneath so I didn't see the problem. I coughed again, more blood.

Soon I took a nap and woke up to the sound of Temperances voice.

"Naomi wake up." I jumped.

"What." I said I rubbed my hand on my eyes to wake up more and noticed the black centered ulcers in my hand and wrist.

"It's closing time and some of us are going home do you need anyone to stay?" She asked.

"No, I don't need a babysitter and to update you on my condition the ulcers started to for on my left hand and wrist. I don't know about my face or neck I don't have a mirror." I said. Laying back down on the cool metal table.

"Ok well we are going to leave we will be back in the morning." She said and the lights dimmed but just enough so I could still see where I was going.

I sat back my eyes drifting until I was in a deep slumber. Until I heard the doors open. My eyes popped open. Either my mess came early or my note 'your next' was about to be right now. I waited seemingly asleep until my attacker wrapped their hands around my throat. My eyes opened once again trying to get the attackers hands off of meZ I kicked and realized he wasn't letting up and reached around for something sharp.

My hands felt a scalpel and I jammed it in my attackers arm. They lowered the grip around my neck and I broke free. They pulled the scalpel out of there arm and they stood. A male about 6'2 broad shoulders muscular build. I made a picture of him in my mind as he slowly came toward me. I turned and ran grabbing my phone I could feel his heavy combat boots chasing me from isle to isle of the chemicals and I stopped once I realized I lost him and texted Temperance.

Help now at museum attacker. -N

I sent it and then the phone was ripped out of my hand by him.