9

Naomi's pov

It had been about a month since Marcus was sitting in my kitchen. I kept think about what happened.

"Naomi, so lovely to see you again πριγκίπισσα, " Marcus said smirking at me.

"I'm not your princess Marcus, I never was," I growled at him. His face showed hurt but quickly masked it with a smug look.

"That's not true, what about all of our sweet nights together αγάπη μου (my love)?" He said. I then remembered all the nights he would force me to have sex with him. It was awful,

"Yes the nights of pure torture, being forced again and again to fuck you was the absolute worst feeling in the world," I felt tears prick my eyes at the memories of my pain. I had managed to burry it deep down but now my box of memories the we're screwed shut was popped open.

"Oh αγάπη μου don't cry, you know I hated to see you cry." He said reaching out to me. I slapped his hand away from me.

"Don't you ever touch me ever again!" I yelled at him. He jumped at my sudden outburst. Then his expression hardened.

"Now now Naomi, we wouldn't want to have to harm you would we?" He asked. I was confused.

"We?" I asked.

"How do you think we got Martin to shoot himself? His heroic suicide touched us all in Greece." He said

"Heroic suicide?! Your sick! You forced him to kill himself to prove a point. You have me here now get it over with ! Just kill me Marcus!" I yelled at him. Marcus grabbed my throat stopping me from moving or talking.

"If I wanted to kill you I would've. It's much more fun to play with you." He said tossing me on the floor. He wiped off his suit.

"Now αγάπη μου it's time for me to leave we'll meet again, very soon."

I sat in the lab trying to concentrate on the case we were currently on. I had been getting looks from Dr. Addy all month since then.

I looked away from him and back on my paper work when he popped up surprising me.

"Go for it." I said.

"About a month ago I thought I had heard you and Dr.Hodgins yelling at each other so I went to go take a look. But when I got there I saw you and some man, you were yelling at him but I heard you call him Marcus, if that was him why haven't you said anything about it?" He asked. I stopped,

"Why haven't you?" I asked him. Then added.

"If I say anything he might hurt someone else Zack. If he is going to kill me he needs to get it over with." I said trying to keep my composure. I got up prepared to go get lunch finally looking at the clock.

"Wait Dr. Brennan," he said. I stopped and turned around curious.

"I heard everything,I'm sorry he did that to you.." I looked away from him and walked away.

I went to the nearest Chinese place and ordered some lo mien noodles. The bet in the world. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. It was Jack

What are you doing for lunch? -Jack

Getting Chinese -Naomi

Get me some please -Jack

I rolled my eye and replied

Whatever weirdo -Naomi

Thank you sweetums -Jack

I chuckled at the nickname. Ever since we'd kissed he was the only good thing in my life right now. I ordered an extra order of noodles and left back to the Jeffersonian. I got there quickly so the food wouldn't get cold and delivered it to Jacks work area.

"That will be 5.47 please" I said jokingly. He looked up smiling. He came over and kissed my lips. We aren't officially a thing but I'm pretty sure everyone gets the picture. I mean it would be nice if he asked me to be his girlfriend but whatever.

"Thank you for the free food that I'm not going to pay you for." He said reaching around me to get. My mouth dropped.

"Give me those noodles, I'm going to eat lunch with someone who deserves these noodles." I said laughing. He laughed as well.

"Ya like who?" He said.

"Zack, King of the lab." I giggled and Jack quickly pulled out his wallet and handed me 5 bucks. I handed him his noodles and we ate.

"You are cruel." He said smiling. I smiled back.

"I do my best." I saw Temperance walk by. My mood dampened ever since Marty's death we haven't exactly been talking. Especially after what I had said to her.

"You should talk to her." He said following my gaze.

"If I wanted to talk to her I would but I don't so." I shrugged the lie poured out of my mouth before I could stop it.

"That's not true your just saying that so you have an excuse not to talk to her." Jack said, he knew me well.

"Well maybe she doesn't want to talk to me, what I said was pretty screwed up, I'm surprised if she'll ever talk to me again." I sighed putting my noodles down. I'd lost my appetite. Jack frowned.

"Hey she will talk to you just give it time." He said kissing my forehead. I closed out boxes of noodles and headed to the closest fridge. Which happened to be next to Temperances office. Booth was in there as usual. I do t see why they don't get together. Booth saw me wan by and called my name.

"Naomi! Come here." He said and I walked in not making eye contact with Temperance.

"We've contacted some of Marcus's people and he should be arriving in the states today. We are going to pick him up for questioning in about an hour do you want to come?" I was confused he's been here for a month how can he be arriving today?

"He's coming today?" I asked. Something seemed off.

"Yes that's what I said."

"I do think we should get him at all, let the other agents handle it he's not even top priority for us here in D.C." Booth looked at me and then at Temperance confused.

"So your saying you don't want us to arrest your attempted murder? That's a little off. Can I ask why?" He said scratching the back of his head. I fidgeted and saw Temperance staring at me.

"Well um about a month ago he showed up at the house and we talked some and he said we would meet soon and this just doesn't seem right it might be a Trap or something." I said.

"Wait you've had contact with him. Naomi that's completely dangerous." Temperances voice startled me, this was the first full sentence she's said to me.

"I didn't deliberately say hey come to my house and let's have a chat! He just showed up." I defended myself.

"We are getting off topic. Are you coming or not?" Booth said. I thought for a moment

"Yes"