7

Naomi's pov

I left the hospital and looked around to find a place to go. If there was going to be another attack on my life I wasn't going to put Temperance and Jack in danger. So I decided to see who wants to kill me. I needed to see who attacked me and I bet you a dollar the corpse is in the Jeffersonian. Someone had brought my lab coat and other clothes for me to change into so I just put my lab coat over the clothes I was wearing and my sunglasses and hoped for the best.

I'm investigating on a low budget what can I say. I snuck in and got into the lab with no questions asked and found the body in the morgue.

"Bingo." I said and looked at the name tag.
Aurelius Otho. Greek. I thought what happened in Greece that would make someone want to kill me? I didn't hear someone come in until I heard them talk.

"Excuse me?" I turned around quickly. It was Jack. I had been spotted.

"Shit. Hey." I said my cover was blown anyway so why not. I lifted my sunglasses. His eyes widened.

"Naomi? What are you doing out of the hospital." He said.

"Well the doctor said I could sign myself out so I thought I'd come by and say hello to Aurelius Otho." I said. Patting the dead mans arm.

"That's great but why did you tell us to leave? You woke up and then the next thing I know Booth is shoving us out of the room." He said.

"I don't want to talk about right now. If we are gonna get anywhere near finding out who tried to kill me aren't you gonna need me to find out why." I said trying to change the subject.

"Well ya. But does anyone else know your here?" He said. I looked down and shook my head no. He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the door.  We walked out of the morgue into the lab where everyone was gathered.

"Naomi? What are you doing here." Temperance asked. Booth looked shocked I was up.

"Time to work." I said smiling.

"Seems you two have had some work done." Booth smirked at me and Jack motioning towards our hands. I pulled away quickly and Jack blushed.

"Shut up." I said. Temperance was talking to Dr. Addy and I looked at the x rays of the man that attacked me.

"You sure screwed him up good. The chemicals that you made combust affected the other chemicals and almost made a big enough explosion to put a hole in the lab." Jack said impressed.

"Well I do my best." I said smugly.

"What we don't know is why he tried to kill you.  What was his motive?" Booth said.

"Well his name for one is Greek and I spent a little time when I was working with some fellow scientists in Greece. So, someone in Greece wants me dead but why? " I said .

"What kind of work where you doing." He asked.

"I did some undercover stuff and helped uncover a Greek tomb from the 1500s. That was boss Temperance you should have seen the decomp on those bones holy-" I started but Booth looked at me unamused.  I stopped.

"Well your cover could have been blown and now an important Greek man could be paying people to kill you. " he said.

"No not likely it wasn't that type of undercover work." I said. Thinking.

"Well what type of undercover work were you doing?" He asked. 

"A man named Marcus Aelius, he owns part of the tomb I and some other scientists and archeologists uncovered, I had to be his partner for a short while and then when we uncovered the tomb I left. He could be trying to find me." I said.

"That's motive but if he's trying to find you why would he want to kill you?" Booth said.

"He's not very nice or forgiving for people who walk out on him" I said.

"Ya I would say that's definitely motive." Jack said.

"Ya but we can't exactly bring him in for custody he's in Greece." Booth said.

"Well we can't just sit here and wait for another attack Naomi is in serious danger." Jack said. I looked at him. All I want to do right now is sit on the couch in Jacks house and watch tv snuggled up with him. I smiled.

His eyes met mine and I could see the affection in them.

"Ya well we can't do anything with just guessing." Temperance said.

"We need more evidence or maybe another attack." She added. Jack looked at her like she lost her marbles.

"You want another attack on her? She could get killed your own sister." He said.

"Well we won't know anything any other way." She negotiated.

"I could contact him." I piped up. Eyes turned towards me.

"Are you nuts?" Jack and Booth said at the same time.

"No if I can contact him we could get him to come to the US so we can arrest him for attempted murder." I said. Booth thought about it.

"It could work." He said. I smiled at Jack.

"Ok let's get to work then."