20

Naomi's pov

I sat there watching Tv. It had been about 3 weeks since the miscarriage. It was still tearing me apart.

"Naomi, hun, do you want to go see everyone at the lab, they have been asking about you. Especially Booth." I felt Jacks dip in the bed and I pulled the blanket closer to my face. Eyes still on the screen. I shook my head. He sighed and pulled me into his embrace.

"Naomi baby, you can't stay here forever." He said. I just kept watching tv. It was the only thing that kept my mind off my baby.

"I can try..." I whispered. He rubbed my back and I sighed.

"Please come into the lab, everyone misses you. I miss you. Please." He practically begged. I sighed once again and sat up for what seemed like weeks.

"So is that a yes?" He asked hopefully. I nodded and got up slipping on my slides. I was in sweatpants and a Motionless in white sweatshirt.

"Are you going to wear that?" He asked.

"What's wrong with it?" I asked confused. I looked down. I thought I looked fine. He smiled.

"Nothing. It's perfect." He kissed my temple and took my hand and guided me to the car. We got there quickly as if he thought I'd change my mind along the way. I followed him in and he put on his lab coat and I sat down in a nearby chair. He was working and I watched him carefully. I drifted off to sleep.

Soon I felt a hand shake my shoulder. I cracked my eyes open to see Jack.

"Hey baby, I'm gonna head to lunch now, do you want anything?" He asked. I shook my head.

"You have to eat something hun." He said a little irritated.

"I'm fine." I said sternly. And his calm gentle demeanor changed.

"Damnit Naomi! You can't sit here and mope! It's been weeks!" He yelled and I jumped.

"You aren't the only one who lost their baby! I am also mourning him!" He yelled at me and I just took it. I heard foot steps and I saw. Booth and Temperance.

"Naomi, Jack what's going on?" Temperance asked.

"Nothing... it's nothing." I said and gave her a fake smile.

"I heard yelling.." Booth said and looked at Jack. I stood up.

"It was nothing we are just talking so if you don't mind leaving. Please." I said lowly. Jack was still angry. And pacing. I ran my fingers through my hair. They left giving us concerned looks.

"I know you aren't the only one who is mourning Jack-"

"Sure seems like it. All you do is sit and watch tv hoping somehow all of the pain will go away." He interrupted me. I felt my eyes gloss over,

"I get it Jack! I am a mess, a hot mess who doesn't know what to do with her life! There was one thing that I'm going through that you don't.. having that baby physically inside me, waking up to the small kicks and having that bond. I know I am being the worst girlfriend." I said and looked away.

"How are we gonna get through this Naomi? It hurts so much." He said and I nodded.

"I know, but we have to try." I said and I cup his face with my hands. Then his face lit up.

"We could always try again?" He suggested and my semi smile dropped. I shook my head.

"I- I don't think so." I said. He looked confused.