twenty eight

Michael's POV

5 hours.

How the hell did the time fly by so quickly? I wouldn't be able even be able to keep track of the time on my own. It's the voices and the bloody clues telling me how much time I have to save my Allie.

When I say bloody clues. I literally mean bloody. There's messages written in blood on walls and words written on dead people.

I'm pretty sure I'm on the second to top floor. I'm really hoping because I don't think I would be able to make it to the top if I wasn't close. I might not make it as it is.

My mouth is dry and my body is sore. I've been none stop running and occasionally getting in a fist fight with some crazy patient who got out in the dark. My flashlight is out so I only see the light coming in dimly from outside.

I run until I reach a wall. I put my face to it as close as possible and move from one door to another looking at it. I need to find a map of some sort. If I find a map I can find out where I am and where the stairs are.

I feel sharp plastic stuck to the wall and I squint in the darkness. I can vaguely make out shapes and words.

"Jesus Christ, it's dark." I mutter to myself.

I'm currently on the third to top floor. Shit. I need to step it up. Some stairs are on the other side of the room directly behind me.

I sigh and hit my head against the wall. Soft enough so I don't get hurt but hard enough to let out my frustration.

I feel heat behind me and turn to around to be greeting by fire. How the fire started, I don't know. All I know is that here's masses of hot flames swarming around the floor I'm currently on. The fire envelopes everything in it's path and burns it to ashes as it moves throughout the floor.

"Shit." I groan.

I need to get to the other side of the room without getting burned by this damn fire.

I pull my shirt up over my nose and mouth to try and prevent me choking on smoke. I lean against the wall and slowly make my way across the room avoiding the fire in the middle.

The smoke is beginning to burn my throat so when I get about halfway across the room, I slip inside a separate room. Coughing, I sit down in a near chair and try to catch my breath.

4 hours 45 minutes.

God, I can't even get a break. At this rate by the time I get up there I'll pass out from exhaustion or dehydration, maybe even both. I let out a couple coughs and wipe the sweat off my forehead with my shirt before standing up with a groan.

I slowly step out of the room, making sure to keep my body pressed up against the wall to stay as far away from the raging fire as I can. I hold my breath and scoot across the wall.

"Fuck." My hand touches something hot and I look to my right to see a chair on fire. I'm going blind or something because I didn't see that.

I take a look at my now blistering hand and clench my eyes in pain. I slowly tiptoe around the chair on fire and run to the stairs entrance.

My breathing is heavy and I cough like crazy, trying to get the smoke out of my lungs. My eyes are stinging and watery.

I squint my eyes and look up the steep, dodgy staircase. I had to climb all the way up there and I can't have any delays if I wanted to save Allie in time.

I take a soft step up then quickly skip steps, trying to get up as quickly as possible. I'm tripped halfway up and land on my face but I quickly get up and continue running. My nose is in extreme pain and I feel blood running down my face but I ignore it.