sixteen

Michael's POV

Allie's soft, slow breathing and the beeping of the heart monitors were the only thing to be heard in the room. It was an eerie room, full of machines and medicines. There were picture frames and plants scattered around the room as if they had tried to make the place seem more home-like. It didn't work.

I lay on the uncomfortable hospital bed, tapping my fingers together. Thoughts ran though my mind constantly. I had to tell Allie. I had to tell her everything. There was no use keeping it from her now. She was apart of it. She would most likely hate me but at least she'd know the truth.

There's a knock on the door, followed by the sound of the door unlocking then opening.

"She's knocked out I see." Dr. Lenard and Dr. Peters walk in. Not really the people I wanted to see.

"What do you want?" I ask, slightly harsh.

"We're here to check vitals and take those IVs out, nothing major. Dr. Peters is going to ask you a few questions as well." Dr. Lenard explains. "Would you mind waking Allie up?"

I lean over the small gap between our beds and lightly shake her. "Allie, babe. Wake up."

"Noooo" She moans and I chuckle despite our situation.

"The doctors are here." I sigh and she groans.

I press the button on her bed to bring her up to a sitting position.

"Damn it, I though it was just a bad dream" Allie rubs her eyes and smooths down her hair.

"Unfortunately not." I remark.

Dr. Lenard then takes out our IVs, detaches us from the heart monitors and replaces are bandages. Replacing Allie's took a much more time than it took to replace mine and it looked painful too. She winced at every touch and it pained me to see her like that.

"You are healing very well, Ms. Robins." He tells her.

"Really? It seems pretty bad and I feel like shit." Allie rolls her eyes.

"It's a lot better than a couple days ago."

"Wait, a couple days ago?" I ask.

"Yes, you both were unconscious for 2 days after you arrived here." Dr. Lenard tells us.

"You're telling me this is our third day being here?" I ask and he nods in reply. "Well I wasn't expecting that."

The doctor then checks our vitals and gives us some pain medication in the form of pills. Then it's Dr. Peters turn.

"Are you two comfortable answering questions in front of each other?" He asks and we both nod. "Alright let's get started."

Dr. Peters asks us various questions that seemed very random. He asked for our favorite color, our hobbies, what movies we liked and about our families.

"What does this have to do with anything?" Allie asks.

"I'm just trying to figure out what's going on in your guys' minds." He responds with a smile at which I scoff at.

"You obviously have no clue what you're doing. You think we're insane and we're not." I say rather rudely.

"Actually, we don't know that for sure. Yes, so far the signs are pointing to that but we need to do tests and that's what I'm here for." He tells us.

"Then why are we here if you don't know for sure? Isn't this place for people with mental problems. If you don't know for sure we shouldn't be here." Allie points out.