thirteen

Allie's POV

"ALIIE VICTORIA ROBINS COME HERE THIS INSTANT" My mom's voice booms through the house, waking me up from my sleep.

I groan and turn over to check the clock. "Mom! It's 8! What do you want?" I yell in a groggy voice.

"Come here right now young lady!" She tells again, seeming angry.

I roll out of my bed, flatten my messy hair down with my hand and make my way downstairs.

"What is the meaning of this?" My mom asks loudly.

"Of what?" I yawn and rub my eyes.

"THIS!" She motions towards the living room and it takes my sleepy eyes a second to adjust.

The living room was a disaster. The lamp had fallen over and broken, our couch and other seats were flipped over with their cushions everywhere, picture frames were smashed and curtains torn.

"Oh my god." My hands fly to my mouth as I gasp. "What happened?"

"Did you do this?" My mom asks.

"No no, definitely not." I walk slowly into the living room. "When I went to bed last night everything was fine!"

"Then how could this have happened?"

"Do you think someone broke in?" I reach down and pick up a broken picture of me and my mom, brushing off the broken glass.

"I don't know." My mom shakes her head. "That must be the only thing though."

"Why didn't we hear anything though?"

"No clue."

"Should we do anything about this?" I ask my mom, who's pacing back and forth.

"Well nothing was taken so that's good. Whoever did this can be charged with vandalism but there's no way to figure out who did it. Honestly, we should just start locking our door and leave this all behind. No harm was done to us and I doubt they'll come back." My mom sighs, picking up couch cushions.

"So we aren't gonna do anything about it?" I look at her wide eyed. Someone broke in and she isn't going to do anything.

"I'll see about getting a security system but I don't see what we could do. If we bring the police into this mess it'll cause a lot of drama and we probably won't even catch the person." She sighs. "But let's start cleaning up."

As my mom got a broom and started to clean up all the glass, I took down the ruined curtains and put the couches back in place. My mom cleaned up the broken lamp and I put the cushions back in place. About 2 hours later we were done.

"I'll go out later and get new curtains, a new lamp, and some new picture frames." My mom says, putting up the broom.

"Alright. I'm going out with Michael in a couple hours, is that fine?" I ask.

"Yea just be home by tonight and don't get in trouble." She smiles.

"Thanks Mom." I smile back and walk to the kitchen to get breakfast. I grab an apple, a piece of toast and a glass of juice before heading up to my room.

In my room, my windows are open and my bed is made.

"Mom? Did you make my bed?" I call out my room.

"No!" She yells back.

"Weird." I mutter. I didn't make it when I went downstairs.

I place my food on my dresser and notice there's a piece of paper on my bed. I pick it up and unfold it.