twelve

Allie's POV

There hasn't been a point since I've moved here that I've felt more relaxed than now. I'm sitting on my couch with Michael next to me, his arm slung over my shoulder. Sam is on the other side of me and Ashton is sitting on the floor in front of us. We're all just eating food and having a laugh.

After begging Michael and, with the help of Sam, I finally got Ashton and Michael in the same room. They were talking for a good hour before they came out acting like best friends. I don't know what their conflict was or how they resolved it but I'm leaving it at that. I've learned with Michael, the less you know the better.

Of course that wasn't entirely true. That mainly went with his past. I've found that he doesn't like talking about his childhood or anything. He'll get this dark look in his eyes and immediately change the subject.

However, I ask lots of simple questions. I found out his favorite color was green, his favorite subject is Science, his favorite food is pizza and he loves video games.

I've noticed that Michael giggles sometimes although he won't admit it, when he's really happy he gets the toothy grin, he slurs his words together sometimes and he'll crinkle his nose when he doesn't like something.

Little things like this help me figure out just exactly who Michael Clifford is. I may not figure out everything but little by little I'm piecing together this mysterious boy I've come to care about.

He has these walls built up around that he tries so hard to keep up but I've noticed, especially since a week ago in the rain, he's let those walls slowly but surely break down. He laughs more, he talks more and he just seems happier. He expresses his opinion and doesn't hide from people.

Sometimes I see things that I don't think I'll ever understand about him though. He'll look frantically around the room and place his head in his hands, squeezing his eyes shut. He'll, barely noticeably, swat his hand around the room and curse under his breathe. I try to look away when I see this because it honestly scares me a little. I don't know what's going on and he refuses to tell me.

But right now, on a Friday night, I'm completely relaxed. Michael is acting normal and Sam and Ashton are hitting it off. I forget about all the questions about Michael swarming through my head and admire him as he is right now.

"Truth or dare, Allie?" Ashton asks me.

"I'm gonna be a loser and say truth." I laugh.

"Are you a virgin?" He asks, smirking.
I roll my eyes. "Yes."

"Aw little innocent Allie." Sam laughs.

"Whatever." I shake my head and lean into Michael. "Sam, truth or dare."

"Dare." She smirks.

"I'm awful at coming up with dares." I chuckle. "Um...take off your shirt and run down the street and back."

"What the hell, Allie? You're so weird." She giggles but takes off the t shirt she was wearing, revealing her bra.

Ashton's eyes look like they're about to pop out of his head as she stands up and walks out the door. Michael and I laugh at his expression and a minute later, Sam is back breathing hard.

"Some mom saw me and started yelling at me." She laughs, slipping her shirt back on. Ashton's mouth is still slightly open.

"Close your mouth, you'll catch flies." Sam winks at him and he turns bright red.

"This game sucks, let's do something else." Michael groans.

"And what do you suggest we do?" I poke Michael's shoulder.

"I don't know just not this. I feel like a fourth grader." He chuckles.

"Wanna watch a movie?" Ashton asks, still flustered a bit from Sam's earlier antics.

"Sure, just look underneath the TV. That's where all our movies are." I tell him and he rolls over to the movie collection.

"A scary movie?" Ashton asks.

"No!" Sam, Michael and I all say at the same time.

"Well then." Ashton laughs and continues looking through the movies. "How about the Avengers?"

"I'm good with that." I say and Michael and Sam nod in agreement.

Ashton puts the movie on a sits on the lounge chair next to the choice. Sam is curled up in a blanket, leaning against the opposite side of the couch that Michael and I were on. I was snuggled into Michael's chest, his arms wrapped around me. I could feel his heartbeat and he would occasionally place a kiss on the top of my head.

The movie eventually ends and Ashton and Sam leave before Michael does.

"See you tomorrow?" He asks.

"Yea, we can get lunch or something tomorrow" I smile.

"I'll be over around noon, is that okay?" He asks, biting his lip lightly.

"Sounds good." I lean up and place a kiss on his lips.

"Goodnight, beautiful." Michael mumbles against my lips.

"Night, Michael." I smile and wrap my arms around him in a hug.

Michael leaves and I walk up to my room to go to bed. As I'm laying in my bed, sleep gradually taking me over, the door downstairs slams hard. I assume it's just my mother coming home and let sleep take me over.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I feel really bad because I haven't updated in forever. I'm finally getting a bit better from being sick though so I should start updating more often (:

By the way, the story isn't gonna be all calm like this. All hell's gonna break lose soon ;)